“Great Burgers and Fun”

The Counter
Ranked #28 of 156 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was an unexpected treat. I thought it was just another hamburger joint, but not so. The variations on every hamburger seemed endless...toppings, sauces, cheeses. We really had a good time making our choices. Plus, each hamburger was cooked according to our individual preference...rare to well done. The french fries and onion rings were also very good. The staff was attentive.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I liked it. It was different and the choices and quality were good but it is a bit expensive. After all it is a burger not steak and shrimp. The location is nice and walking around instead of waiting in line was nice. They held our table until we came back.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Finally getting around to posting my review of Counter Burger. Why these premium burger places refuse to serve A-1, I do not know. Not only do they not carry it, I got attitude from the staff for asking for it. I wrote a note to the owner and never heard back. The next time I was in there, I asked again and the staff said, "oh, you are that guy. haha, we have no plans on carrying it"

Beyond that, their burgers are decent but pricey. The fries were dry. The lobster roll was better than you'd expect from a burger joint but who really wants a lobster roll if they are going into a burger joint?

If not for this place's incredible location, they would already be gone. These burger places don't seem to realize that it is incredible customer experiences that distinguish them. Most premiums burgers are about the same. Really wanted to like this place since they are open late.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I like burgers as much as the next guy, but if I want fois gras, I eat at L'Auberge.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Be prepared for a nontraditional restaurant experience, but the burgers are very good!