WINNER WONDERLAND

Cuisines: Indian
Fairfax, VA
“Great lunch buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went to lunch with my son recently. I've eaten at a number of Indian restaurants and Mayuri has the largest selection of foods of any I've been to. I esp. liked the chicken tikka masala, the biryani rice and the naan. Fresh cantaloupe & honeydew melon were on the salad table - the melons were good for off season and a nice end to my lunch. My son is a vegetarian and was able to pick from a very large selection of dishes. I'll definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Reston, Virginia
“Great Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I love this restaurant. Their food is always full of flavor and nothing is ever bland. I also enjoy some of their odd menu options (dosa - similar to a crepe) that you won't find at traditional Indian restaurants in the NOVA area.

One thing I wish they knew how to do better is serving better drinks. Often the waiter is the bartender and he has no clue how to make any drinks, plus we've had some spoiled wine here. I understand food is their number one priority but the owners should know alcohol is how most restaurants make their real money, hence they should invest in someone to be a full time bartender or train the servers properly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
new york
“Great Indian Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Fantastic Indian cuisine. Terrific buffet and great value. Love the food to say the least. This is one of those ethnic restaurants that serves good authentic dishes. I highly recommend this reataurant.

Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Authentic Delicious Indian in Reston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

One of our favorite local spots, Mayuri never fails to deliver delicious very flavorful meals! We are big fans of the lamb dishes (especially Rogan Josh and Kadai), each just spicy enough. Garlic and regular naan breads are freshly prepared. Indian beers are available and a tradition for our meals there. The service can be a bit robotic and the atmosphere can leave you desiring something cozier but it is typically quiet and laid back and the staff is attentive. For authentic Indian in Reston you can't go wrong at Mayuri!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Daily Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

In the 4 years since I discovered the buffet at Mayuri, I can honestly state that I develop cravings for this place. There is a nice variety of very tasty and appealing food. They do seem to favor chicken, but they frequently have lamb and fish. I love the vegetarian dishes, variety of rice options, and the mango ice cream is superb.

There is always a crowd for the lunch buffet, and a large portion of ethnic Indians. That is the defining fact in my mind.

As far as service - its a buffet. Seat me, give me water, take away the dishes, and thank me as I leave. Perfect.

My favorite Indian restaurant!

• Visited January 2013