WINNER WONDERLAND

Mayuri
Ranked #111 of 146 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Indian
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Authentic Delicious Indian in Reston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

One of our favorite local spots, Mayuri never fails to deliver delicious very flavorful meals! We are big fans of the lamb dishes (especially Rogan Josh and Kadai), each just spicy enough. Garlic and regular naan breads are freshly prepared. Indian beers are available and a tradition for our meals there. The service can be a bit robotic and the atmosphere can leave you desiring something cozier but it is typically quiet and laid back and the staff is attentive. For authentic Indian in Reston you can't go wrong at Mayuri!

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Daily Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

In the 4 years since I discovered the buffet at Mayuri, I can honestly state that I develop cravings for this place. There is a nice variety of very tasty and appealing food. They do seem to favor chicken, but they frequently have lamb and fish. I love the vegetarian dishes, variety of rice options, and the mango ice cream is superb.

There is always a crowd for the lunch buffet, and a large portion of ethnic Indians. That is the defining fact in my mind.

As far as service - its a buffet. Seat me, give me water, take away the dishes, and thank me as I leave. Perfect.

My favorite Indian restaurant!

• Visited January 2013
Land of the Pharoah's
“Very good Indian place in Reston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I asked some Indian neighbors where they choose to go for Indian food in the area (when they aren't doing it themselves; and they're very talented cooks) and they quickly recommended this place. We've been here probably half a dozen times, both carry-out and eating in, and the service and food have both been excellent. I'm not sure about previous customer experiences, and we've never had them cater anything, but our experiences here have been very very good. They have a wide variety of dishes, but I typically go for the lamb dishes and the wife goes for the chicken tikka masala. Most recently had the lamb pasenda and it was very good (large chunks of lamb). The probably have a dozen varieties of naan - all of which are delicious. Will take photos and upload them after next visit.

• Visited November 2012
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Food - Even Worse Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Had this place cater. And it was absolutely horrible. The tray was only 3/4th full, and we ordered chicken biriyani and we were lucky to find any chicken. Called to complain and met an incredibly rude person who not only refused to listen to a customer complaint, but hung up on us. Hung up on us!! If this reeks of arrogance and stupidity, coupled with overall horrible customer service and below par food, then I dont know what is. There is just no way in hell that we would ever be caught eating here or ordering food from here. I can deal with bad food, but I dont pay $100 to be called a liar. Eat at your own risk!

• Visited May 2012
Mclean VA
“Good food. Mediocre. To bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Food was tasty. Went for lunch buffet last week. Only last scraps were left when we reached aroind 1:15. When we asked if they will refill the answer was they ran out. Out of plates too and grudingly gave us some. Food tasted good though. For a change tested everything.

• 2 of 5 bubbles