New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #111 of 146 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Indian
Great Falls, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing South Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Amazingly good south indian food. This is where I go for my dosa fix. Service and atmosphere are average, but you go for the food.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank KMR0726

“So so lunch buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

Not impressive lunch buffet. It seems like they all have chicken dishes. Go to Angeethi Herndon, VA- for their lunch buffet. Good food, tasty, good variety, not hard on the budget. Go, go, go

Virginia
“Best Indian I've had in the DC area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2009

The only other Indian restaurant I've enjoyed as much or more is Rasika. But to me, that is not a traditional Indian restaurant. Not to mention that it is hard to get a table and way more pricey.

Mayuri is a hidden gem in the Hunter Woods shopping Center. I'm happy to be the first person to review it on tripadvisor. I've been going there since it opened and I visit them about once a week on average.

Let's start with the ambience and the staff. The restaurant is decently appointed. There is a video screen for movies Baliwood style although it normally isn't playing anything when I go. The tables and wait staff are dressed up very nicely. Almost too nice for the location and the reasonable prices on the menu. The bar is tiny and almost non-existant and the selection of alcohol is pretty limited.

The food is amazing. My personal favorite is the Chicken Tikka Masala. Their sauce here is to for. Every single one of my friends that I bring to Mayuri can't get enough of the sauce in this dish. It tastes incredible when dipped with their naan, which is also perfectly made. The Tadoori chicken is marinated very well and is perhaps my favorite Tandoori anywhere. I've tried most of the Indian restaurant staples here and they are all better than average or some of the best I've had. I have yet to have anything at Mayuri that is not as I expected it. And that's with many dozens of dines here.

Ram, the waiter is my favorite waiter in the area. His personality and attention to detail is top-notch. I rarely find a better waiter at any restaurant and I tend to eat at many of Washingtonian's top 100. For lunch, there is an affordable buffet. The food is not quite as fresh as a la carte but still worth the money.

If you like Indian, you must try Mayuri. They are also on restaurant.com which can make a meal here not only extremely yummy, but affordable, too!