“Happening Bar Scene with Great Food”

Jackson's Mighty Fine Food & Lucky Lounge
Ranked #1 of 153 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A nostalgic nod to mid century Americana and comfort food classics and some unexpected twists (a la sushi) in an upbeat 1940's dinner house.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great find! My husband and I sat at the inside bar and before we knew it we were surrounded by people. The bartenders (Dave & Glendan) provided us with great service, great food suggestions and local info.
We started with the deviled egg appetizer that was accompanied with the most delectable sugar cured bacon...Incredible!
Then I chose the Lump Crab cake, slaw and fries. The crab cake had minimal filler and huge lump crabmeat and was melt in your mouth delicious. The crunchy slaw was the best I have ever tasted. The fresh cut fries were a welcomed addition although I could only try a couple since the main event was so amazing.
My husband had the french dip sandwich that was also absolute perfection! The prime rib was rare in the middle surrounded by a more well done wrap of prime rib. The roll was a delicious crisp and crisp that soaked up just the perfect amount of au jus.
Jackson's was a welcomed surprise for two people who stopped in for a glass of wine and vodka tonic.

There are newer reviews for Jackson's Mighty Fine Food & Lucky Lounge

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This bar/restaurant gets it right. The Mango/Pineapple martini is delicious. Calamari, Lobster Mac n Cheese and even the bread is delicious. Make it a default place and you won't go wrong.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This place has its share of regulars. Always busy with a fun loving crowed. Not the most suitable for families as it is most the bar scene that draws the most crowed and can get very noisy inside, but still they serve pretty decent food as well. There is always some fancy car or motorcycle parked just in front testifying to its popularity among the young at heart.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

My family & I were exploring Reston. We decided to go with TAdvisor's suggestion. We were not disappointed. French Dip was big enough to split & very good. My gkids thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My kids love it as does the wife. I love their Salmon dish which is seasoned perfectly. The rest of the menu is very good with options like sushi and steak but it is getting tired. They should look to add new items because frankly, it is one factor that makes me want to go elsewhere. The dishes are chain type formulaic ones that you cant go wrong with but again, a little freshening up would do a world of good because I really do enjoy the boisterous atmosphere there. For those so inclined it has a very robust bar scene - indoors and out when the weather is good. Staff is always courteous and attentive so no complaints there.