“Great Food and Excellent Service”

Mon Ami Gabi - Reston
Reserve with OpenTable
Mon Ami Gabi - Reston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 156 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Library Street
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Had a great dinner with my wife here last week. She got the beef bourguignon and I had the steak bordelaise with a side of root vegetables. Both entrees were cooked perfectly. The steak was tender. Our waiter was superb. He was able to answer questions and make recommendations. The restaurant was crowded and busy, but I never had to look for him. I've been here a few times now and although it is a bit noisy, especially near the bar, I eill definitely come back for the good food and good service.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This used to be one of our favorite places to visit in Reston. We had a late lunch at 3PM on Saturday. Our server, Adam, was simply disinterested in waiting on us. He never smiled, never asked if he could help us, didn't know the answers to questions about the menu, never brought us additional water, never asked us if our meals were satisfactory, never asked us if we wanted more bread. When asked how the tuna was prepared, he said that it came out of a can. Should I go on? First impressions are lasting impressions.

We ordered sandwiches. It took forever for our food to be served even though the restaurant was not crowded. The food was average, no better. The frites were room temperature and soggy.

I would consider going to Clyde's the next time we are in Reston. It is a winner always. Mon Ami Gabi was a total disappointment. Won't return any time soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The food is typical French bistro, well prepared and plenty of it. Good ambiance, a bit on the loud side (but that's the crowd), service can be inconsistent - sometimes good, sometimes bad.

1  Thank estevez999
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

It's not Paris, but a partial, convenient substitute if you're in need of a fix. Baguette and butter start that process. Onion soup. Crepes. Recommend seafood crepe at lunch. On this trip, fish and frites was sampled with good results. A bit unconventional prep, but a welcomed change. Crowded and noisy as usual. Like a bistro full of tourists!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had a business dinner, the wait staff was incredible and the food amazing. Fresh favors, wonderful wine and attentive staff. Then I realized my travel wallet was lost and hoped it fell out of my purse. I called the next morning and Willie answered the phone and took time out of a busy morning crowd to not only search for it but found it, physically brought it to me. Angel sent from heaven.