“Excellent brunch”

Mon Ami Gabi - Reston
Reserve with OpenTable
Mon Ami Gabi - Reston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 148 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Library Street
“Excellent brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Great place to have brunch in Northern Virginia. It's a French restaurant by classification, but the brunch menu deviates a little so there's something for everyone. The crepes are good, as are the eggs Benedict and florentine. The best part about the brunch at this place is the killer Bloody Mary bar. They have a variety of mixes and all the garnishes, trimmings, and a wide selection of hot sauces if you like a spicy bloody. They also have a wide selection of mimosas. It can get a little crowded so make a reservation or grab a seat at the bar.

Herndon, VA
“One visit - very impressive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've only been to Mon Ami Gabi once, but it was a wonderful experience. We went for a springtime lunch and they had the wall of doors open. Although we sat inside, we could still enjoy the mild spring air and open dining ambiance.

The food was incredible. Perfect portion size, and just incredibly delicious. Not some place I could eat at often due to the cost, but I would certainly go back.

1 Thank redheadmom23
New Jersey
“Good French Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have been to Mon Ami Gabi for both lunch and dinner at the Paris resort in Las Vegas. This was my first visit to Mon Ami Gabi located in the Reston Town Center (RTC). Keep in mind French and continental are my favorite cuisines.

Three members of our group were at the bar when we arrived for our dinner reservation at 7:30pm. I noticed the coat racks located near the bar and dinning area.

My party of 6 were seated immediately at a very nice round corner table over looking the dining area.

When we ordered our cocktails the waiter informed us that all wine was half price on Sunday so I ordered a bottle of Tainttinger La Francais champagne to celebrate. It was $81 on sale for $40.50.

Most of us ordered the steak frites, cooked rare, since the mid-western beef is pounded very thin and served with their signature hand-cut frites. The steak frites were reasonably priced at $22-23. I wanted to compare this place to yesterday’s M&S so I ordered their steak au poivre with brandy peppercorn. I also ordered two bottles of Bordeaux Superieur 2009 chateau cadillac. They were $52 on sale for $26. So overall I got a good deal on the 3 bottles of wine.

Table service here was very good on a par with that at M&S. Everyone enjoyed their dinners. I felt the steak au poivre at M&S was better than Mon Ami Gabi’s version because I prefer a thicker steak with stronger seasoning.

Although we did not order any appetizers and because the wine was half price the total bill was only $331, which was a more affordable dinner than M&S. Both places are good, but, if it were a Sunday I will definitely return to Mon Ami Gabi.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Tony J
Reston, Virginia
“With some luck this place will go out of business”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Worst service ever! You'd think we were in Paris and we were Americans speaking broken French upsetting the wait staff based on our treatment. Not to mention the food was cold and bland. I've been to Paris four times and this is the furthest thing from a French bistro!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank LessWork M
Reston, Virginia, United States
“Nice Ambiance and Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Mon Ami Gabi is a little pricey, but worth it.
We have dined there with family and friends maybe 5 times in the last couple of years and the food and service has been uniformly excellent.
My personal favorites are the classic or pepper steak with the frites that are out of this world!

Visited October 2012