“Tasty but expensive!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PassionFish

PassionFish
Reserve with OpenTable
PassionFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 144 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Seafood, Sushi, Gluten Free, Pacific Rim
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Explorer Street
Virginia
“Tasty but expensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had a lovely lunch at this restaurant and everything tasted fresh, the service was fine but I was extremely surprised at the pricing - mostly because there are so many other restaurants available in the area. For a special occasion, I would say absolutely but for just meeting up for lunch - I have too many other good, quality options.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank mmoten

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Newport, United Kingdom
“A nice place to enjoy good fish.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was taken by a friend to Passionfish. It was a lovely treat. It gets very busy so you need to book. The food was lovely but you need to be a real fish fan. Lots of lovely fresh fish. Plenty to choose from. But it's pricey and its quite a noisy restaurant. But it was fun.

Boise, Idaho
“5 Stars for a reason!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This restaurant was absolutely top notch! The quality of the seafood was fantastic and the staff was very friendly. I rarely give 5 stars to anything (and we travel A LOT) but this restaurant deserves the praise. The staff knew which wine to pair with the meals and the dessert of donut holes was some of the best dessert ever. Loved it!

Literally the only thing I could think to critique would be the design of the men's room.

Hope to find myself in Reston again, even if it is just to eat here!

Visited April 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Food, Fun Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Every dish was delicious from the appetizers to dessert. You could just come for sushi for a more reasonably priced meal and it is still amazing. The entrees are expensive but still delicious. I cannot comment on wine since I don't partake. The waiter was incredibly knowledgeable and attentive. You probably want to make a reservation a few days ahead of time, but this is not always necessary.

Reston Town Center is a nice area, parking is free and relatively easy (still have to use a garage), and it is good for walking around before or after your meal.

Reston, Virginia
“Great Food overpriced wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've eaten here quite a few times and always enjoy myself.

The most recent outing I started with tuna and hamachi sushi which were both delicious and fresh. They do not advertise this on the menu but if you ask the waiter, nigiri is available. I also ordered the kamikaze roll which was perfect (also a generous portion).

For our entrees we had the Icelandic haddock and the scallops dish. Both dishes were flawless and loaded with flavor. For the haddock I recommend the romesco sauce, great for a mild white fish.

In sum, I really enjoyed my meal at Passion Fish; I just wished they didn’t have a three time wine mark up – Reston is not DC or NYC. Case in point we paid 89 for a Patz and Hall chardonnay that I can get for 30. Another example of the over pricing is the Pahlmeyer chardonnay that I can get for 50 bux when they ask for 175, it seems a little steep to me. With that said, the quality of the food makes up for the rip off wine.