“Great service, nice atmosphere, delicious fish!”
Review of PassionFish

PassionFish
Reserve with OpenTable
PassionFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 155 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Explorer Street
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We went here during restaurant week but will definitely return. We had excellent service and the menu had some interesting variations for a seafood place. The atmosphere is very modern but table placement and design keep the noise level down unlike many modern restaurants.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is one of my very favorite restaurants for seafood. Everything is absolutely delicious (and extremely fresh). For an appetizer, I think their crab and corn chowder is one of the best soups anywhere. I also highly recommend the ceviche as well as the fried oysters. I think most of the raw oyster dishes and the other raw fish cocktail appetizers tend to be overpriced. I have yet to have a dinner that wasn't delicious but I highly recommend the rainbow trout; it's not overcooked as it is in many other restaurants. The service has consistently been top-rate. The waitstaff is knowledgeable, professional, and prompt. This is a two-level restaurant, and I would recommend trying to get a table on the second level, not too far back, to really enjoy the decor and views.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

We've been to dinner at PassionFish twice now, and can't wait to return. The kitchen turns out fresh and imaginative seafood -- on our more recent visit, both the cioppino and claypot lobster (lobster meat in a complex and delightful Thai sauce) were first rate. Fresh oysters were delicious. The wait staff are friendly, attentive, and -- best of all -- really know the menu. When we asked for a description of the sauce on the lobster dish, we not only got a really informative answer, our waiter also brought us a small taste (going up and down a long stairway to do so) so we could make an informed decision. On our first visit the wine list seemed to run toward awfully high prices, although that was mitigated by the fact that we'd come on a half-price wine night; this time, though, there seemed to be a number of fine offerings that fit our budget. The overall scene is sleek, clean, and just formal enough to make the evening special -- but in no way stuffy or intimidating. Right at the moment I'd call PassionFish one of my favorite restaurants anywhere.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

If you want sushi/seafood this is the place and it's consistent! If you want good atmosphere and a contemporary decor this is it also. I have no idea what that 40 something guy was saying about wearing jeans/ genes as he spelled it. I have jeans that cost more than a stupid button down shirt! LOL! Conservative NVA/DC people I guess. This place has great sushi and fish dishes, love the scallop dish! I have eaten here at least 6 times and have always had very good food. Going again this weekend. I would go more often but I live in Gainesville Va. I wouldn't drive to DC for fish go here!!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife and I have been here a couple of times on our "date nights" and really enjoyed it. reasonably priced for high quality food and great service. So we decided on our 10th anniversary (and coincidentally, her birthday) to take the kids for a nice "fancy" dinner they wanted to experience, and my wife's parents. I made the reservation, and they had the right questions "is this a special event" and said they would do the custom menu, etc. Nice touch with the reservation folks.

When we arrived, the showed us to our table, but were missing a seat. then the waiter runs around the restaurant like I've kicked him, trying to figure out what to do. Well, we got a pretty small table, an no custom menu (no biggie). But everything was just disorganized. Small questions sent the waiter scrambling for answers. They were not hard questions. Dishes arrive at the wrong person, and strangely timed. It was just unorganized and unprofessional.

The food, was really not that good. Ok, that may not be fair. The ingredients are clearly high quality, but somehow or another something is missing between the refrigerator and the table. Swordfish for $28, was just kind of bland. Even with the two different sauces we tried between the table. The Snapper with Spinach impressive looking, but again disappointing. Kin Salmon, the same. Big, lovely fish, but missing any kind of piazza. Octopus Appetizer for $13 was pretty good, but not overly so. My son's Mac n Cheese was probably the best item at the table.

I love their doughnut holes for desert, but the same thing goes; good, but likely not worth the money. The $8 Apple Crisp was actually a good desert barging. Very flavorful and with the money.

Just one more note: I'm not sure if in my mid 40s, I've become to conservative after cutting my pony tail a few years ago. However, when I go out for dinner at something more than a Mexican chain restaurant, I ware appropriate clothes, including a shirt with a button, and something other than blue genes. I'm just a little surprised at the overly casual dress of the other patrons. No need to be snotty about it, but why do you want to look like you just changed your oil when going on a date to a restaurant with at least a $50 a person tab. And you might get oil on the table cloth. Disappointing.

I'll go back and try it again, but if there is a second strike, I'm out.

2  Thank RichFromVirginia