“A Very Special Place”
Review of PassionFish

PassionFish
Reserve with OpenTable
PassionFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 151 Restaurants in Reston
Cross street: Explorer Street
Huntington Beach, California
“A Very Special Place”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Ok, this place was recommended by a good friend of mine who is a real foodie. We planned to go when I arrived in town but my flight was delayed so we had to cancel. I went the next night with some colleagues and were e pleasantly surprised! This was a real gem.. I had swordfish, another had the sea scallops and the third person had the lobster clay pot. We all loved our meals.

• Visited September 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Virginia
“Great seafood, great service, little pricey”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Two of us went for dinner and enjoyed great oyster and sashimi appetizers. For the main course crab cakes and the standout flounder dish- an entire fish w Asian seasoning. Excellent key lime pie dessert. Not crazy about the decor- modern and to me a bit cold. Excellent service and a big crowd, I thought for a Tuesday. Will be back but probably for special occasions given the price.

Reston, Virginia
“One of Reston's Bests!”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Consistently a fine dining experience without the hassle of driving to downtown DC (those of us who live in Reston consider the Town Center to be our "Downtown.") Great lunch specials and a super happy hour at the bar only for those who like to snack/dine a bit early with attentive bartenders and great appetiizers.

• Visited August 2011
Chantilly, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is my wife's favorite local restaurant. Their fish tastes very fresh and my wife loves the sushi. Make sure you get the sweet potato fries!

Visited July 2011
Napa, California
“Hit or Miss in my book .......”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

PassionFish - they want to be the best - and could be - but they need some refinining to get there. Take lessons from Flemings - BoneFish - Mortons - store your wine at the right temp serve it in the right glass - and don't oversalt your dishes.....and maybe I'll come back......

I have been to PassionFish 3 times - my husband goes often and always gets the same dish - the LobsterPot - which he loves. We went last night - and they had this Snapper Special on top of Risotto with some Rhubarb confit on top - sounded good - I almost ordered the crab cake - but the server seemed pretty impressed by the special....

I should have SENT BACK THE SPECIAL. I wanted to like it - but it was so over-salted - and the color and presentation were so bland - YUCK - Chef Ramsey would have made a trip to the restroom quickly. I was trying to be polite as this is one of my husband's favorite restaurants for co-workers - but in retrospect - I should have sent this meal BACK to the kitchen. It was over-salted - by about 10x - unappealing in looks (wish I had taken a photo - it would speak for itself) and it basically sucked. I asked for more bread to settle my stomach - it was a really bad meal.

The last time we ate there - I had the scallops - awesome - all was good. I have to admit - I snuck a peak on the 'award-winning-crab-cake entree' and it looked a bit 'filler' to me. Just saying - but it looked a bit lacking compared to my favorite crabacakes at BlueRidge Grill and Sweetwater......perhaps I send another write-up after doing a taste next time - and hopefully - not as much salt. I did have a nice halibut special beforehand - it was good - not phenomenal - but good.

This restaurant DOES have excellent service - when it's not too busy - great wines - although wines by the glass are NOT served at the right temp (come on guys - don't give me a $16 Pinot Noir at room temp in a standard wine glass - man-up and get some real Pinot glasses and CHILL the wine below 70 degrees - you killed a really good Pinot Noir serviing it about 78 degrees). The wine list is respectable. I see some 'wresting on laurels' - if you want to charge 'big boy prices' then act and look like a big boy....

• Visited June 2011