“Wonderfull stay in Reston” 5 of 5 stars

Hyatt Regency Reston
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderfull stay in Reston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2007

I had a delightfull hotel experience at the Hyatt Regency Reston. The free shuttle from Washington DC Dulles Airport was a plus and it only took 10 minutes from there to get to the hotel. We were very impressed the minute we walked into the Hyatt. Beautiful marble and very elegant furnishings is a big part of the lobby and the attrium area is just gorgeous. Our front desk clerk was very nice and even upgraded us to their regency floor where they served a very nice continental breakfast and tasty appetizers & desserts in the evening. The view from the regency club & our room is just fabulous too! The rooms them self were very attractive and the beds are as comfortable as they get. They have very nice citrus bath product which I especially appreciated because with airline restrictions, I don't pack shampoo anymore.
We were pleasantly surprised by the what Reston Town Center itself offered. Right outside the doors is a popular outdoor ice rink that we enjoyed, plus at least a dozen very nice restaurants , shops and even an Aveda spa. I whole heartedly recommend staying at the Hyatt Regency Reson. Robert W / Bedford MA

Stayed January 2007
4 Thank RobW55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reston, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2006

I had never stayed at a Hyatt before, so I stayed at a nearby one for a weekend getaway. Overall I had a nice experience: the staff was very friendly, the room was clean and cozy, and the breakfast buffet at the Market St. Grille was excellent. This Hyatt is located within an easy walk to a number of shops and fine restaurants (Clyde's, M & S, and Pizzeria Uno, to name three), which was convenient. The only downside to my stay was that the Hyatt charges $9.95 a day for wireless internet access; comparable hotels at which I had previously stayed offered this service for free. Other than this, I did enjoy my stay at the Hyatt.

• Liked — Location to shopping and restaurants
  • Disliked — Having to pay for wireless internet access (similar hotels offer this service for free)
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank EddieP1957
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2006

We stayed here recently while in town for a family wedding. The hotel is classic Hyatt -- nice rooms, good amenities, good location and great service. We would definitely stay here again. The only thing we did not like was the view from our hotel window, which was a view onto the roof and a construction site. But apart from that, it was great. Beds were comfortable and the place is well maintained.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank NJ_Traveller2006
France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2006

What a joke !
Old fashion, rude people, terrible breakfast, noisy air-co and dirty... what else ? Nothing, really nothing interesting, except the price !!! Very, very expensive for what you get.
The desk couldn't even tell me where I could find a taco bell, but they were so 'snobish' after all that they really don't care about my demand ! Water in the hotel ? The desk doesn't know where I can get one bottle... Phone calls ? 3 calls (1 minute each for France) = 90$. I found 9 pillows on my bed, I couldn't even find place to sleep, but I could find some black hairs and ...I'm blonde !
Orange juice from concentrate, potatoes not cooked enough, eggs ???, fatty bacon not cooked ! Etc...
Last night a guy tried to enter my room by hiting the my door at 1am. I thought I died !
Never again

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank catiouch
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

I was registered at the Hyatt Regency Reston at Reston, Va. and Had no problems. The room was on the fifth floor, had a very nice view. The room was clean, very comfortable. The service was wonderful. From the moment I checked in until I checkedc out, I had NO problems. I would stay her again. Linda S. Boggs

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Leesburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

I stayed at this hotel and arrived at 10pm. I waited 20 minutes for the two check in clerks to check in 5 people ahead of me. There were problems with everyone's reservation and it took forever. The clerk did not apologize or offer anything after my long wait. The room was nice, with a good view. The rate was high: $300, and breakfast was pricey at $20.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank travelingFelix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#9 of 20 in Herndon
4.5 of 5 stars 229 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!