“Customer service is lacking”

Hyatt Regency Reston
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel before with no issues but this time I was woken up in the middle of the night by a maintenance technician banging on furniture in the room next-door to me for one hour between 2 and 3 AM. When I told the manager about this in the morning she apologized but did not seem very sincere. There was no attempt to go above and beyond to make me happy such as giving extra points or even paying for breakfast. She said I should have called when the noise started but that does not explain why it is okay for maintenance to make that kind of noise in the middle of the night. I shouldn't be put in that situation as a paying guest. From now on I will stay at the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Make sure no maintenance is occurring near your room in the middle of the night before you book a ro...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank tmg0427
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear TMG0427,

Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience that you describe and is inconsistent with the great service we provide daily.

Your comments are concerning to us. rest assured that they will be reviewed with every pertinent manager.

We are saddened to have lost your support and sincerely hope that you decide to give us another opportunity in the future.

Safe travels,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Reston

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Being a regular at this hotel I am probably biase. Only 10 minutes away from Dulles with hourly transfer. Situated in the Reston town center you have access to loads of restaurants within short walking distance. The hotel restaurant is reasonable and the service is good. I enjoy every stay as the staff is very good and helpful. The hotel have a good business center, conference rooms and adequate WIFI. Only downside is that the pool only opens at 5pm on weekdays.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kemalmbe,

Your favorable review is so appreciated. Glad to hear that our property and its location served you well.

Your business is appreciated. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The public spaces are very attractive. The desk and housekeeping staff were helpful, professional, and courteous, and my room was very comfortable. The location is convenient to a number of fine restaurants and shops. Valet and self-parking were convenient. I recommend this hotel if your travel takes you to the Restion area.

Room Tip: I had an uninspired view. In this area I am not sure what would constitute a good view. The area i...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Duck1963

Thank you for your favorable and detailed review. Glad to hear that your experience was positive. Rest assured your feedback regarding the door stoppers will be passed along to management.

Your business is appreciated. Please come back & see us soon

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is one of my few domestic reviews for a hotel. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by all that this hotel had to offer. I have to admit that I was going to give this hotel a rating of 3, but after seeing the bigger picture, I reevaluated and the Reston Hyatt is definitely a 5!

I was greeted by the desk clerk who was very helpful. He gave me a quick synopsis of what was around since I was just looking for something quick to eat. He even gave me a local map and told met to call if I needed anything else. Upon leave, I experience this same generosity from a Grandmother of a 5 and 2 year old. She too was very pleasant and professional. After looking at the room, I was really impressed by the care that went into preparing the room (housekeeping staff is incredible). I never saw a housekeeper or cart but the place was spotless! I enjoyed the large bed, extra large table next to the bed (for phone, laptop, etc). They also had toothpaste and a toothbrush for those of us who may be a bit forgetful (I had mine). There were also several chairs in the room to sit in and they were all comfortable. Something that I noticed right away was there there were electrical outlets everywhere! This is a nice feature for electronic geeks like myself. I don't see this in Europe at all, so it was something that stands this hotel apart from the others.

Around the hotel are plenty of places to shop and eat. There is even an ice skating rink about 100' from the hotel back exit (and plenty of stores and food). I also enjoyed the shops and dining areas within the hotel itself.

Only thing that "almost" gave this hotel a lower rating was that there doesn't seem to be any "door dampeners". I write about this a lot because it is really annoying with "less than courteous" guests enter or exit their room and let their door SLAM. The sound and feel is enough to wake you from a slumbering sleep at late hours (especially with repeated entry/exit SLAMS). I hope that this gets taken care of quickly because the other stuff going on was enough to nudge me in the direction of a 5 instead of a 3. It is a really nice hotel with a great staff. People....please don't allow your doors to slam and be a bit more courteous to your neighbors.

I can't wait to visit this hotel again!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask the staff for a great view. They know the great rooms!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Duck1963
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Duck1963,

So glad to hear you enjoyed your experience. Thank you for your favorable comments.

Best wishes for 2014 and please come back & see us.

Regards

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Reston has great rooms, shops nearby, best fitness center I have ever seen in the world for a hotel/resort. Great food, service, rooms. Top Shelf experience for the business traveler or couple. So many good places to eat in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear MarkO95

It was great to learn of your positive experience at our property. Thank you for your positive comments! Glad that our location served you well.

Your business is most appreciated. Please come back to visit us again and best wishes for 2014!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We've been to this hotel several times for business meetings but stayed for the weekend this time and loved it. The rooms are huge, the beds large and super comfortable, and the furniture and wall hangings very well appointed. It has the most comfortable hotel furniture we have seen in a long time. Free wireless Internet in the rooms that is very fast and easy to connect. The new restaurant features many farm to table specialties and the Sunday brunch was delicious and a good value. The hotel staff is very attention and di everything they could to make us feel welcome. The shops downstairs include Williams Sonoma and a wonderful Appalachian crafts store. Out the back door is a charming ice skating rink in the Reston town center and dozens of top rate restaurants and shops. This hotel is perfect for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms with two beds are larger. Avoid the 3rd floor where the pool and athletic center are located.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear NOVA_Manager,

We were thrilled to read your review. Glad that you enjoyed your stay! the pleasure is mutual.

Your support and greta comments are much appreciated.

On behalf of our entire staff, happy holidays! Please come back & visit us in 2014.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

From the beginning this Hotel defines Hyatt service. The attentive staff consistently checked in to see if all my needs were met. Great location to a business meeting. From the bellman, front desk service starting with Elizabeth. Spacious rooms great winter view. I hope to return soon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Bmerkle2005,

We are so grateful for your kind comments. And thrilled that you enjoyed your experience in our property.

Thank you for your business and please come back to visit us. Best wishes for a greta holiday season

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
#5 of 20 in Herndon
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#1 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!