Hyatt Regency Reston
Westin Reston Heights(Reston)(Great Value!)
$115
$98
  • Pool
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$85
ExtendedStay
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$95
$80
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

$83
$67
$99
$84
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$99
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$93
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$109
$67
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,627 results
All reviewspanera breadrestaurants and shopstavern restauranttown centrewithin walking distancemovie theaterbusiness tripnice hotelparking garageroom servicehotel lobbybusiness hoteldulles airportfitness centerenjoyed my staywashington dcindoor pool
Reviewed April 3, 2008

I reserved my two-night stay two months in advance for a business meeting. When I arrived at 11:30 at night, the desk staff informed me they didn't have a room! This was despite having a confirmed reservation, emails from hotel manager welcoming me, etc. So... they gave me lousy directions to drive to another hyatt, 30 minutes away, and after a lengthy check-in there, got in my room at 1:00 am or so. Had to be back at the Reston Hyatt for my meeting at 8:00 am. Again, on my own to figure out how to get there in the pouring rain and northern Virginia rush hour traffic. It took an hour to get back to the hotel in the morning.
I ended up getting about five hours sleep total. I did get a room assigned when I arrived, and when I tried to go and take a quick nap after lunch, there were about 10 Hyatt staff in my room disassembling the bed. No nap for me!

OK, so the hotel is very very nice; rooms are great, everything clean, etc. But that makes no difference if they turn you away at midnight! If anyone from Hyatt reads this, I have two questions: 1) don't you know how many rooms you have in your hotel? 2) since you emailed me regularly just prior to my (hoped for) stay, why couldn't you email me saying you didn't have a room. The airlines have figured out this overbooking mess, why can't you?

Remember, all most of us want is a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank travelinva
Reviewed March 6, 2008

My husband frequently stays at the Reston Hyatt for business and we (me, daughter 13 and son 9) tag along for a weekend whenever possible.
We love the warm tones, comfy beds, amenities and location of this Hyatt.
Pluses:
--10 minutes from Dulles, with a free shuttle to/from the airport. About two blocks from the bus line--$1.00 bus ride to the Metro station to take you into D.C.
--in room coffee that's actually good. But if you don't like it, Panera is just an elevator ride away (in the lobby)
--located in Town Center Mall--great restaurants, nice shopping, movie theaters, ice skating...Never a dull moment.
--Service people there are friendly and helpful.

Not really any negatives I can think of, other than housekeeping can be spotty at times (namely, bathroom floor wasn't mopped last time we were there.)

You can find good deals at this hotel, making it a nice place to locate for a trip to D.C. The Metro makes traveling into the city so easy that I'd never even consider driving.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Dorothy C
Reviewed February 7, 2008

Hotel appeared to be popular and pretty constently full, as such I received the impression that they were comfortable and just stopped trying to please guests. No one was rude but my expectation is that staff would make the extra effort to please...

@ check in both names were added to the folio. Phone calls for the second guest were transferred to an unknown voice mail box and messages were not received.

We went to the hotel restaurant upon arrival (after a 5 hour flight) looking for the others in our group. We were fresh off the plane and not in business clothes. Upon entering the restaurant a waiter gave us a head to toe gaze (I think he was sizing up our tip potential) and turned his back on us. He didn't offer to help, get the host, or seat us. Just a gaze and back to his task at hand. We found our party by walking around the dining room.

An important fed ex package was expected for guest #2. Told the desk ... to be sure that it was accecpted. Desk explained that package would come to the back, be delivered to desk and a message light would be on in the room. Upon our return to the hotel, message light was on..package was at desk. We went down. Clerk said it was in the back and she would have someone send it up. I think she thought it was a service.. but actually it was more of an aggravation. We left and came back in a few moments and the package had magically appeared.

Guest #1 went to the entry and tried to engage the doorman who was chatting with a cab driver. Cab driver made eye contact but no attempt was made to connect guest with doorman. Eventually door man came over.. tried to get a cab (next one in the cue) to come and do a pick up. He was unable to do so and left to go into the building (we are talking about cabs across the street!) with no word. I negoiated with a cab doing a drop off for a ride when two hotel employees rushed out and nixed my negoiation and secured the next cab in the cue. As I was in a hurry, this was a huge waste of time.

Room.. housekeeping was pushed and too busy. My heart goes out to the staff, but, details were not attended to.. one hand towel, up to the last day when two appeared. Bed was not made the same way twice, only once did we get the breakfast room service door card.

Hotel web site says robes, flat screen tvs and internet. Internet is for a fee, no robes (upon request housekeeping brought them up) and room had a standard TV.

Health club has a lovely pool and hot tub.... open Mon - Thur 5PM to 9 PM. Not exactly guest friendly.

The most challenging aspect of the property is the slamming of guest room doors. Jet lag and the noise of automatic door closers prevented us from any blocks of good sleep.

As I said at the start.. it felt as if they just didn't really care. A nice hotel stay is in the details and service. The Hyatt fell short.

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank SanFranciscoBlue
Reviewed December 11, 2007

We'd booked this hotel as an overnight stop before an early morning flight from Dulles. There is a Hyatt closer to the airport but it is far inferior to the Reston counterpart.

The Reston location is a short hop from the Dulles Toll Road and has a capacious parking garage where they allow free parking during your trip, in some of our cases 12 days so the savings versus the economy lot are decent. The hotel is a new build, pleasant and quite grand lobby. Standard rooms are of a good size, feel very clean and are nice furnished with very comfortable bed. Usual Hyatt toiletries which I like a lot.

The hotel is part of a pedestrianised area with a number of restaurants and shops including a cinema. All within close walking distance.

Overall our first stay was very good and we have since returned on several occassions. If you could classify it as an airport hotel (they run a shuttle every 30mins) then it is probably the best at Dulles.

I've since become a Hilton HHonors member and stayed regularly enough to attain Gold status with them and despite the number of Hilton family hotels that I've stayed at in the Dulles region I still think the Hyatt Reston is better than all of them. The Hilton's rates are usually excellent though and for my next overnight in the area I've turned down the $275 rate at the Hyatt in favour of $110 at an Embassy Suites. I know which hotel is better though.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OP2002
Reviewed November 7, 2007

Stayed after flying into Dulles from London. Lovely hotel right in town centre. Can step outside to shopping and dining. Room was fairly standard but large and well furnished. Nice bathroom. Bed was like sleeping on air. Hotel staff very efficient and friendly. Buffet breakfast very good with plenty of choice. A large choice of good restaurants in Reston Town Centre, which is small enough to get to any restaurant without a long walk. Lovely stores and not too busy. Ideal for overnight after a long flight.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple