“A good business hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hamburg, Germany
“A good business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Reston during a 4-day business trip in 2010. The hotel is located in the Reston Town Center, which I found to be relatively quiet, yet most places were crowded.

Never having been in the US before, I was amazed at the ancient-looking design of the relatively new hotel, which nonetheless fits in well with the rest of Reston Town Center. The hotels general ambience is spacious and comfortable with a lavish premium touch, the highlight of which is probably the lobby.

The rooms are designed to be of comfortable functionality. While there is plenty of room to spread out, I personally would not consider them "oversized", as the hotel homepage puts it. My room was on the 10th floor and had a beautiful view of Reston Town Center, especially during early mornings.
The bed is very comfortable and the room is quiet, which both contributes to a good nights sleep.

The american breakfast buffet offers plenty of choice with a slight focus on warm dishes. Europeans may find these to make a very rich breakfast.
The waiters are mostly friendly, yet they all appear a little exerted.

Overall, the Hyatt Regency Reston appears to be aimed at and is frequented mostly be business travellers - which is it perfectly good for.

Room Tip: My room was on the 10th floor and had a beautiful view of Reston Town Center, especially during earl...
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank palzkillm
HyattRegencyReston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear palzkillm,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Although it seems it has been a year since you visited, we must have made a lasting impression on you, and we are always happy to receive them. Should your travels bring you back to the US and to Northern Virginia, we hope to have the chance to be of service to you once again.

Best Regards,

Tammy, Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

We loved the hotel and location. The adjoining outdoor mall was so great. Free concerts at night , ice cream and movie theatre. Plenty of places to eat and a great park to chill with the kids all within walkimg distance.

We took a 15 minute bus ride to the metro station. To go to Georgetown and the next day the National Zoo on the very busy July 4th weekend. Parking at the hotel is FREE.

Will definately be back to stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank griffin96
HyattRegencyReston, Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Dear griffin96,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us. We're happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your visit. We agree, our location is very convenient for shopping, dining and movies, that guests can keep busy without taking the car out of the garage! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Michael, Assistant Hotel Manager
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

The real test to see if a hotel is being managed properly is seeing how they deal with problems and mistakes. Our stay last week at the Reston was one mistake after another. The worst problem was watching the management on duty compounding the mistakes in their ineffectual attempts to rectify the problem. It is a sad commentary on a hotel when the person that had the most sense and helped us the most was the bellhop who could barely speak English. You should be the employee of the month!

We arrived at the hotel tired after a long drive and just wanted to get to our rooms. The place was hopping it appeared an event was going on and taking care of a guest was the last thing on the front desk's mind. We have young children and had stated we needed two adjoining rooms at time of reservations and that was the rooms booked. The front desk informed us it hadn't happened but we were catty corner to the other room. Mom was not happy but if it was across the hall, I was willing to allow it to be after the front desk told us there was no other options since they were fully booked. We got upstairs and found the room for the kids was actually three doors down the hall. The front desk rep at best hadn't done his homework and at worst had lied to us.
We called downstairs and said this arrangement was unacceptable. They said they would call back and see what they could do. We waited 15 minutes and no call back, it was af if we didn't exist. Then the bellhop who had been waiting took matters into his own hand and called someone else, who lo and behold found two "empty" rooms in the fully booked hotel. These rooms were still not next to each other as we had asked but were at the end of the hall separated by one door which was something a bit more paltable to us.

We moved downstairs and then requested our fridge that we had put in for with the reservation. The response was, no fridge. We needed a fridge for one of the kids had special dietary restrictions. They finally got us a fridge which was supposedly for the employees. We had the most unpleasant man bring it up, the absolute begrudging look in his eyes and in his mannerisms told us that he had other places to be or maybe that we had just taken his fridge, sorry about that old chap better speak to your employer.

Finally a hour after check-in we settled in and I had to do some work. What do you know, they charge for Wi-Fi access. I mumbled something about this being the last hotel in the US, nickle and diming on Wi-Fi. I of course agreed to pay for it AND my connection ends up being slower then molasses. I call the front desk and they explain how AT&T is out throughout the East Coast and that unfortunately the Wi-Fi is unavailable or will be really slow. I check my AT&T I-Phone and it seems to be working perfectly fine, another run around with the front desk.

The next morning my wife met the assistant manager and told over our story. The manager still did not take the initiative and asked my wife what would you like. We asked for one night comped, which was given. I think even this was a fail on the part of the manager who should have made the call and not asked us what we think should be received. This is your job and the errors and the manner in which it was dealt with was unacceptable. I would've been throwing the kitchen sink at us to make us happy and being proactive but what do I know I work in finance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank ramblindave
HyattRegencyReston, Assistant Hotel Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Dear ramblindave,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you that this type of customer service is not indicative of our hotel. I appreciate your feedback as it assists us in improving our service. In reaction to your review, I have personally followed up with the departments you referenced in your response to address your concerns. If you would like to discuss this with me directly, please feel free to contact me. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future and to deliver the service you and your family deserve at our hotel.

Michael Moskowitz, Assistant Hotel Manager
michael.moskowitz@hyatt.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

What a great hotel. Walk out of the Hyatt and into Reston's Town Center. Love this hotel. Room was spacious around- 500 sqft with seating area. Good value with a nice buffet breakfast. Lots of parking. Great place for reunions. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
HyattRegencyReston, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Dear Ourcomments2010,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. It is great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel, the accommodations and Reston Town Center. We are fortunate to have such a great location with the many restaurants, shops and movie theater for our guests to enjoy during their visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I was in town for one night but was really impressed with Reston Town Center and the Hyatt. Hotel was clean and well appointed. The staff was helpful but not overly friendly.

The hotel is situated right in the center of Reston Town Center. On this evening there was live music, dancing, and every restaurant had outdoor seating. People were everywhere. I had no idea.... I will go back again when I have more time. As I was checking out I noticed an art festival being set up outside. Really nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dear mike0steff,

I appreciate your taking time to share your experience at Hyatt Regency Reston and that you were able to experience Reston Town Center, even if it was only for one night. This time of year there are regular outdoor festivals, concerts and events that take place right outside our door. You can find an overview of regular events taking place on our website under the Hotel News & Events section, so you can plan your next visit to the fullest. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed here one night on a business trip, and overall, I found the hotel to be very nice. In terms of location, the hotel is in walking distance of many offices, restaurants, coffee shops, a movie theatre, and other retail stores. There's a restaurant and bar in the lobby of the hotel, and there's free parking.

My room was very large, and the bed was pretty comfortable. Everything was clean, and the service people with whom I interacted were friendly. My only complaint was that the only window in my room overlooked the indoor pool (?!). I've never had that experience before -- it was pretty strange. It wouldn't have been so bad, except for the fact that I couldn't open the curtains, and the cleaners were cleaning the pool area at 11:30pm. Just kind of strange...

I'd definitely stay here again, nonetheless.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I would probably not stay here again. There are so many other hotels to try in the area and I may have a better experience.

Pros:
-Location - close to airport. Surrounded by stores, movie theatre, restaurant. All just downstairs.
-Attached Bar & Grill restaurant and Panera Bread were yummy.
-Bed was comfortable, good decor.
-Airport check-in kiosk by the concierge was VERY convenient.

Cons:
-If you are booking through a 3rd party ex., priceline, expedia, hotels.com. MAKE sure you call Hyatt beforehand to confirm your reservations. I received emails from my booking company stating that I did not need to call the hotel to confirm. However, when I got there, it took them 1 hr to fix the issue since they said they didn't have my reservation. I suspect that they were just delaying since it only took me 5 minutes to contact expedia and they said they can immediately fax confirmation. When I handed my cell to the front desk personnel with expedia still on the line, the front desk personnel said, oh yes, we also confirmed the same. Why it took them 1 hr and me 5 minutes, I have no idea. Needless to say, I was NOT impressed by their service. They just simply wasted my time.
-Elevators are very very slow. Then everyone gets jammed into 1 elevator since who knows how long before the next elevator is available?
-If you don't valet, then you have to park on the 2nd floor or up. The parking lot is very narrow so be careful on the turns.
-No free internet.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear Ana_On_The_Road,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and letting us know about your experience at Hyatt Regency Reston. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and certainly a valuable aid in monitoring our performance and better understanding the needs of our guests. The information you provided gives me the opportunity to address and potentially make changes to our operations so that we may better satisfy our guests and continue the high level of service guests like you expect from a Hyatt hotel.

If you would like to discuss this matter with me further, please contact me directly at your convenience. Thank you again for choosing Hyatt Regency Reston. We truly value and appreciate your business and hope you will give us another opportunity to be of better service.

(703) 925-8200
david.eisenman@hyatt.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!