The Westin Reston Heights(Reston)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Pool
$85
ExtendedStay
  • Breakfast included
$98
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$99
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

$119
Hampton.com
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,667 results
All reviewspanera breadrestaurants and shopstavern restauranttown centrewithin walking distancemovie theaterbusiness tripnice hotelparking garageroom servicebusiness hoteldulles airporthotel lobbyfitness centerenjoyed my staywashington dcindoor pool
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We loved the hotel and location. The adjoining outdoor mall was so great. Free concerts at night , ice cream and movie theatre. Plenty of places to eat and a great park to chill with the kids all within walkimg distance.

We took a 15 minute bus ride to the metro station. To go to Georgetown and the next day the National Zoo on the very busy July 4th weekend. Parking at the hotel is FREE.

Will definately be back to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank griffin96
HyattRegencyReston, Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Dear griffin96,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us. We're happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your visit. We agree, our location is very convenient for shopping, dining and movies, that guests can keep busy without taking the car out of the garage! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Michael, Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 2, 2011

The real test to see if a hotel is being managed properly is seeing how they deal with problems and mistakes. Our stay last week at the Reston was one mistake after another. The worst problem was watching the management on duty compounding the mistakes in their ineffectual attempts to rectify the problem. It is a sad commentary on a hotel when the person that had the most sense and helped us the most was the bellhop who could barely speak English. You should be the employee of the month!

We arrived at the hotel tired after a long drive and just wanted to get to our rooms. The place was hopping it appeared an event was going on and taking care of a guest was the last thing on the front desk's mind. We have young children and had stated we needed two adjoining rooms at time of reservations and that was the rooms booked. The front desk informed us it hadn't happened but we were catty corner to the other room. Mom was not happy but if it was across the hall, I was willing to allow it to be after the front desk told us there was no other options since they were fully booked. We got upstairs and found the room for the kids was actually three doors down the hall. The front desk rep at best hadn't done his homework and at worst had lied to us.
We called downstairs and said this arrangement was unacceptable. They said they would call back and see what they could do. We waited 15 minutes and no call back, it was af if we didn't exist. Then the bellhop who had been waiting took matters into his own hand and called someone else, who lo and behold found two "empty" rooms in the fully booked hotel. These rooms were still not next to each other as we had asked but were at the end of the hall separated by one door which was something a bit more paltable to us.

We moved downstairs and then requested our fridge that we had put in for with the reservation. The response was, no fridge. We needed a fridge for one of the kids had special dietary restrictions. They finally got us a fridge which was supposedly for the employees. We had the most unpleasant man bring it up, the absolute begrudging look in his eyes and in his mannerisms told us that he had other places to be or maybe that we had just taken his fridge, sorry about that old chap better speak to your employer.

Finally a hour after check-in we settled in and I had to do some work. What do you know, they charge for Wi-Fi access. I mumbled something about this being the last hotel in the US, nickle and diming on Wi-Fi. I of course agreed to pay for it AND my connection ends up being slower then molasses. I call the front desk and they explain how AT&T is out throughout the East Coast and that unfortunately the Wi-Fi is unavailable or will be really slow. I check my AT&T I-Phone and it seems to be working perfectly fine, another run around with the front desk.

The next morning my wife met the assistant manager and told over our story. The manager still did not take the initiative and asked my wife what would you like. We asked for one night comped, which was given. I think even this was a fail on the part of the manager who should have made the call and not asked us what we think should be received. This is your job and the errors and the manner in which it was dealt with was unacceptable. I would've been throwing the kitchen sink at us to make us happy and being proactive but what do I know I work in finance.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ramblindave
HyattRegencyReston, Assistant Hotel Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Dear ramblindave,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you that this type of customer service is not indicative of our hotel. I appreciate your feedback as it assists us in improving our service. In reaction to your review, I have personally followed up with the departments you referenced in your response to address your concerns. If you would like to discuss this with me directly, please feel free to contact me. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future and to deliver the service you and your family deserve at our hotel.

Michael Moskowitz, Assistant Hotel Manager
michael.moskowitz@hyatt.com

Reviewed June 17, 2011

What a great hotel. Walk out of the Hyatt and into Reston's Town Center. Love this hotel. Room was spacious around- 500 sqft with seating area. Good value with a nice buffet breakfast. Lots of parking. Great place for reunions. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2011
HyattRegencyReston, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Dear Ourcomments2010,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. It is great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel, the accommodations and Reston Town Center. We are fortunate to have such a great location with the many restaurants, shops and movie theater for our guests to enjoy during their visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

David Eisenman

Reviewed June 17, 2011

I was in town for one night but was really impressed with Reston Town Center and the Hyatt. Hotel was clean and well appointed. The staff was helpful but not overly friendly.

The hotel is situated right in the center of Reston Town Center. On this evening there was live music, dancing, and every restaurant had outdoor seating. People were everywhere. I had no idea.... I will go back again when I have more time. As I was checking out I noticed an art festival being set up outside. Really nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Dear mike0steff,

I appreciate your taking time to share your experience at Hyatt Regency Reston and that you were able to experience Reston Town Center, even if it was only for one night. This time of year there are regular outdoor festivals, concerts and events that take place right outside our door. You can find an overview of regular events taking place on our website under the Hotel News & Events section, so you can plan your next visit to the fullest. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

David Eisenman

Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed here one night on a business trip, and overall, I found the hotel to be very nice. In terms of location, the hotel is in walking distance of many offices, restaurants, coffee shops, a movie theatre, and other retail stores. There's a restaurant and bar in the lobby of the hotel, and there's free parking.

My room was very large, and the bed was pretty comfortable. Everything was clean, and the service people with whom I interacted were friendly. My only complaint was that the only window in my room overlooked the indoor pool (?!). I've never had that experience before -- it was pretty strange. It wouldn't have been so bad, except for the fact that I couldn't open the curtains, and the cleaners were cleaning the pool area at 11:30pm. Just kind of strange...

I'd definitely stay here again, nonetheless.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business