“Average”

Sheraton Reston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and this stay was definitely not the quality that it had been in the past. First, getting the shuttle from the airport is a nightmare. My last stay was the same on that...don't know if it arrives as a specific time (which you are told) or it'll be there in 15 minutes (which means an hour). When I went to check in, the desk was understaffed and the gentleman at the desk as inundated with phone calls. He was very nice but clearly needed help. The room was a nice size, was very clean, and very quiet. Beds are great. Being provided with free bottled water in the room is a nice touch. The hotel generally seems understaffed. Our group had breakfast included in our stay. Even though the hotel was not busy, being seated was slow each day and the wait staff seemed annoyed by providing coffee and juice (the breakfast is buffet). We had issues with the shuttle every day in terms of timing and communication, which seemed to cause concern for our group and for others that took the shuttle. With a bit more attention to detail, this hotel could be much better than it is.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Juilanne S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Earz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. As a hotel we are striving for effective communication between our guest and staff. I apologize that we did not deliver that during your stay. As we are coming out of our low season, I would like to invite you back to the Sheraton Reston hotel as we would be fully staffed to deliver the Sheraton experience.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The Sheraton has a good location and my room was in great condition--it appears to have been refurbished recently--but their internet service was so horribly, awfully bad that I'll never stay at this hotel again. Their internet service was so slow that even checking email was painful. I measured it at 0.5Mb/s; the FCC defines "broadband" as more than 4Mb/s, so the Sheraton's not doing much better than a dial-up, here. Then, adding insult to injury, they charge an $12/day for this "service". If you use the internet for *anything* while traveling, do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Even if you pick another hotel at random, you'll almost certainly be happier.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Forrest T

Dear ForrestT,

Thank you for providing us with your internet connectivity feedback. I understand as we are in the age quick access to information that it is vital to have access to the web space. That is why I’ve personally touched with our internet provider after reading your comment. The internet connectivity issue is now resolved . I would like to invite you back to Sheraton Reston in the near future for your function to test our broadband.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last minute on the way to DC and can't say enough about the place. The staff was extremely friendly and the facilities were 1st rate and exceptionally clean! Parking was also free which is a bonus in the DC area. We drive in from Tennessee frequently and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013
Juilanne S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Andy B,

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor! We have a talented team, and we are thrilled to see that they exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you soon in the near future.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed for 3 days in business trip. Overall quality of services are OK. No complaints about the basics.
Hotel has a scheduled shuttle service to downtown and airport, which was very convenient and helpful.
Very good for business, not so good for family or fun. I lost my phone in the hotel and the management didn't bother so much.
My advice: Guard your belongings!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear lordstronghold,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad that you enjoyed our transportation services. I encourage you to contact me directly if I may file a lost or stolen phone report with the police for you. Please come see us soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Avoid this hotel. I stayed here four days in November and the water went out on two separate days at critical junctures when I needed to meet customers or depart for the airport and was out for an extended period of time. I am disgusted how the staff and management handled the situation and I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Juilanne S, Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear bwitt1228,

Your feedback is much appreciated. I apologize for the water outage, which we had no control over. I encourage you to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This Sheraton is not located in the best location. About 5 min car ride from the town center, but the staff made me feel extremely welcome. Staff were friendly, helpful and attentive to detail. I would come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Juilanne S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear J W,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am pleased that you had a great experience at the Sheraton Reston. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward for your next stay.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I found the Sheraton Reston rather difficult to locate as it was a dark and rainy evening. My GPS seemed to take me in circles. Once located there was adequate parking just down from the entrance. Check in was smooth and the room was quite adequate. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. There appeared to be no outside restaurants close by so I had soup and salad in the small bar area and the service was fine. They have a fitness area on the ground floor which I used. I encountered no problems and would stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear TravelingFarmer V,

I am very glad to hear about your positive experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we thank you for the time you took to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to your return trip.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#8 of 20 in Herndon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!