“Awful Internet”

Sheraton Reston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The Sheraton has a good location and my room was in great condition--it appears to have been refurbished recently--but their internet service was so horribly, awfully bad that I'll never stay at this hotel again. Their internet service was so slow that even checking email was painful. I measured it at 0.5Mb/s; the FCC defines "broadband" as more than 4Mb/s, so the Sheraton's not doing much better than a dial-up, here. Then, adding insult to injury, they charge an $12/day for this "service". If you use the internet for *anything* while traveling, do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Even if you pick another hotel at random, you'll almost certainly be happier.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Forrest T
Juilanne S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear ForrestT,

Thank you for providing us with your internet connectivity feedback. I understand as we are in the age quick access to information that it is vital to have access to the web space. That is why I’ve personally touched with our internet provider after reading your comment. The internet connectivity issue is now resolved . I would like to invite you back to Sheraton Reston in the near future for your function to test our broadband.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Reston Hotel

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last minute on the way to DC and can't say enough about the place. The staff was extremely friendly and the facilities were 1st rate and exceptionally clean! Parking was also free which is a bonus in the DC area. We drive in from Tennessee frequently and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013
Juilanne S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Andy B,

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor! We have a talented team, and we are thrilled to see that they exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you soon in the near future.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed for 3 days in business trip. Overall quality of services are OK. No complaints about the basics.
Hotel has a scheduled shuttle service to downtown and airport, which was very convenient and helpful.
Very good for business, not so good for family or fun. I lost my phone in the hotel and the management didn't bother so much.
My advice: Guard your belongings!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear lordstronghold,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad that you enjoyed our transportation services. I encourage you to contact me directly if I may file a lost or stolen phone report with the police for you. Please come see us soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Avoid this hotel. I stayed here four days in November and the water went out on two separate days at critical junctures when I needed to meet customers or depart for the airport and was out for an extended period of time. I am disgusted how the staff and management handled the situation and I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Juilanne S, Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear bwitt1228,

Your feedback is much appreciated. I apologize for the water outage, which we had no control over. I encourage you to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This Sheraton is not located in the best location. About 5 min car ride from the town center, but the staff made me feel extremely welcome. Staff were friendly, helpful and attentive to detail. I would come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Juilanne S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear J W,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am pleased that you had a great experience at the Sheraton Reston. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward for your next stay.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I found the Sheraton Reston rather difficult to locate as it was a dark and rainy evening. My GPS seemed to take me in circles. Once located there was adequate parking just down from the entrance. Check in was smooth and the room was quite adequate. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. There appeared to be no outside restaurants close by so I had soup and salad in the small bar area and the service was fine. They have a fitness area on the ground floor which I used. I encountered no problems and would stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear TravelingFarmer V,

I am very glad to hear about your positive experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we thank you for the time you took to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to your return trip.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Our overall experience was fantastic with the Reston Sheraton. My in laws reserved a space our rehearsal dinner in the restaurant upstairs. The food was great and the service was even better. Shana2, Manuel and Patricia were fantastic.

Ti Berri was the event planner who we contacted for our guests to stay at the hotel. She blocked some rooms for us and also helped my in laws with the rehearsal dinner.

When my husband and I checked into the hotel after the wedding, the young man at the desk upgraded us to a king suite for our honeymoon night. The room was great!! Just as Ti promised, a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries arrived as a congratulatory gesture because we got married.

The next day my husbands and I met my parents and cousin for breakfast, so we thought. We missed the breakfast buffet. The upstairs restaurant staff was fantastic again. Manual was our waiter and he talked to his manager, Patricia, I believe and we were able to order breakfast even though we missed the breakfast serving time. We were really appreciative of their kindness.

Overall we had an amazing experience with the Reston Sheraton. All of our guests loved the rooms and stated that the rooms were comfortable and wonderful!!!

Thanks Reston Sheraton.....You are the Best!!!

Jimece S.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear jimece,

Thank you so much for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are so glad we could be a part of such a memorable weekend. It was a pleasure to treat you and all of your guests, we truly do appreciate your loyalty and cannot wait to welcome you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hyatt Regency Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#10 of 20 in Herndon

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!