“Comfortable, Great pool, Responsive Staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Reston Hotel

Sheraton Reston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Comfortable, Great pool, Responsive Staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed for three days while on business in DC after finding a great price on a club room. We found out when we checked in that the great price was due to renovation (new air conditioners I think) being completed on the club floor(s) and we actually were not on a club floor. Nevertheless, our room was fine, clean and comfortable and looked out over the huge outdoor pool which is a definite highlight of this hotel (although you do hear the noise of air conditioners as the hotel wraps around the entire pool.) My only word of caution about the room is that like many (most?) of the rooms in the hotel it had a shared connecting door to the room next door - something I am not a fan of. And in this case one night we had smokers next door to us so the smoke came through and the next night a family with very excited screaming kids. The good news, in both cases, when we contacted the front desk, they were very quick to respond and the issues were taken care of. I found the staff to be very helpful and responsive throughout our time.

We were able to access the Sheraton Club for complimentary breakfast but the actual club space is very small - two tables, a couch and several other chairs. If there were more than 7 people in the room it was uncomfortable - perhaps there is another club that we didn't find.

So all in all, for the price we had not complaints. Good service...oh and a wonderful pool!

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a connecting door.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Needed a room for one night close to Dulles. Price shopped top five and chose Sheraton. Checkin was easy and the staff was as friendly as I would hope for. That's where I'd say my experience took a turn for the worse. On entering my room, based on previous travel experiences I first pulled back sheets for inspection. I was extremely upset to have several visible stains that even made housestaff cringe when pointed out. Front desk did send someone up immediately and she apologized, but it made me wary. Then I chose to eat on prem when I should have taken time to research and visit any one of the many restaurants close by. My $32 steak was awful. Burnt outside, rare almost raw inside (I'd requested med-well). My waiter was hardly ever around to complain. It was a $10 steak at best well overpriced. My last impression came at checkout. Even though I was pre-checked, I chose to go to the front desk and share my thoughts on bedding and meals to the manager. The fellow there barely spoke english, and after I said twice I'd like to discuss these, he handed me a pad of paper and pencil. No clue and no understanding of the simple request - can I talk to the manager? So I chose to write three very brief sentences to give the manager a chance in all fairness to know they had a very unhappy customer. If you must go there, I would agree with previous reviewers on convenience by proximity to Dulles. Perhaps the breakfast is good- but I'd already had my fill of the local fare. Otherwise, I might consider another place.

Room Tip: Check sheets Dine off-prem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Austin4301
John R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at The Sheraton Reston Hotel. I was disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations. I have shared your comments regarding the cleanliness of the room with our housekeeping team. It is our goal to provide a warm welcome and to continue that feeling throughout your stay and I apologize that we failed to do so. In the event you would like to further discuss your visit, please contact me directly at 703.620.9000

Warm regards,
John Robinson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed for three days from 8/14 through 8/17. The front desk staff was very nice and the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Reston Town Center is a short 1.5 mile drive away and the town center has plenty of restaurants and shopping. There is a close mini mart where I got water and snacks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
McKinleyville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at this property the night before catching a plane at Dulles. Got a great deal on Priceline. The hotel is nice, looked like a couple of conferences were happening while we were there. Rooms well appointed and clean, but nothing special. The hallways looked dirty or at least the carpets were stained with spots. Staff all seemed professional and helpful, especially the waiter we had for a late dinner (served in the bar area). Food was very good as well from the menu not bar offerings. The hotel seemed very quiet and is located in a quiet area. The shuttle services were slow in the evening from the airport, but fast in the morning. Drivers were very helpful with luggage and such. I'd probably stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jessica A, Director of Guest Services at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear CinSav,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback from your recent stay. I am sorry to hear you found our cleanliness to be less than satisfactory. Our staff takes great pride in not only exceptional guest service, but also our cleanliness standards. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team so that we can address these areas with extra TLC. We are happy to hear you were able to utilize our parking and shuttle services while traveling to and from your vacation destination. As you can imagine, our shuttle service is extremely popular and we are always looking for way to improve our efficiencies. We hope you enjoyed your vacation and hope that you will visit us again when in the area.

Warm Regards,
Rock Hill, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Spent two nights in August. Check in staff very friendly. Room assigned initially did not have a working air conditioner. Switched rooms and was quite satisfied.

Breakfast (free) coupons were a nice touch. Breakfast buffet was fresh and had quite a bit of variety. High praise for the fresh squeezed OJ! Dining room was large and plenty of room between tables.

Paid wi-fi was a pain. Why do hotels still do this...and it wasn't that fast.

The signage stated some upgrades were happening to the hotel. Looking down onto the roof of the "wing" revealed plenty of peeling paint.

Without a doubt, the best hotel pool I've seen at the many I've stayed at in recent years. Large, clean, deep (8.5 ft) and outdoors. Only downside was the constant noise of the air conditioners.

Pet friendly with NO pet fees! Sweet! Would stay at again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jessica A, Director of Guest Services at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear dlrollo,

Thank you for your response. I am very sorry to hear you experienced trouble with your air condition upon checking in to your room. Thank you for being patient while we located you a new room. As you saw, we are currently in the process of our first phase of renovations, replacing all guest room AC units. Once this project is finished, I am confident you will find the atmosphere at the outdoor pool more enjoyable with the noise level of the units being down significantly. We do offer several packages which include High Speed Internet or breakfast which you should check out on our website for your next visit to the Reston area. Don’t forget to let us know you will be bringing your pet; we would love to set up in your room a pet bed and welcome amenity from Sheraton’s Love that Dog line to make Fido feel at home too. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm Wishes,
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I'd found this hotel actually not THROUGH the hotel itself, but via the website www.parksleepfly.com — because I had an early morning flight and needed to leave my car somewhere in hopes of not paying the airport's high daily parking fee. So when I showed up at the Sheraton, I figured I would be treated just like any other guest. Surely not treated BETTER than any other guest, considering I'd paid less than most of them. Imagine my surprise, upon checking in, to receive an envelope with my name on it and a coupon for a free appetizer or drink, as well as complimentary Internet access in my room (rather than simply in the lobby). Turns out I was the "designated VIP Guest of the day." What a pleasure. The king-size bed was wonderful, the room was already cooled down on a hot summer evening, and it was a completely hitch-free trip for me — airport shuttle from the hotel and then back to it upon my return. Picking up my car and driving home. So I guess this is as much a review of parksleepfly.com as it is of the Sheraton. But it wouldn't have been seamless if not FOR the Sheraton and their participation in the parksleepfly experience.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear buymeaticket,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your experience. We are always looking for ways to exceed the expectations of our guests by going above and beyond and I am delighted to hear we were able to do just that. I do hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon and take advantage of our many amenities, including our complimentary shuttle service. If you are looking to enhance your sleep at home, you can purchase any of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding on our website.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We sought refuge at the Sheraton Reston when our family camping trip went awry due to storms that caused state wide power outages! The hotel is clean, well appointed and the staff was friendly . There were many children on our hall but the rooms are well insulated and you don't get to much noise from other guests. My only complaint is that they advertise that there is wifi but neglect to tell you that there is a $12.95 fee/day for using the wifi. Otherwise a perfectly lovely hotel and great place to stay. Close to DC and Reston itself has many shops and things to do nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie R
Dear Stephanie R,
Thank you for your warm review of our hotel and staff. Our staff strives to exceed our guest expectations by providing exceptional customer service; they will be delighted to hear your compliments. On the "Special Offers" tab of the hotel website, we offer several packages that include High Speed Internet Access and a variety of packages for any upcoming family trips or weekend getaways. Additionally, we know how important it is for our guests to be connected therefore we offer complimentary wireless internet in our lobby area along with complimentary computer and printing services in the Link@Sheraton Experienced with Microsoft. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Sheraton Reston soon.

Warm Regards,
Jessica
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hyatt Regency Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#11 of 20 in Herndon
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!