“Great Hotel, Great Staff”

Westin Reston Heights
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Was disappointed that I was walked to the Westin's sister property on the 1st night of my stay, but the remaining two nights at the Westin were fantastic. The morning of December 15 I checked in to the Westin at 11 a.m. and was happily surprised when they had my Junior Suite ready. The Junior Suite is exceptionally appointed, sparkling clean, and a great value. The night prior the Front Desk staff said I could probably check-in at 10 a.m. and that they would be upgrading me even higher than a Junior Suite considering they walked me the night prior. I get it though, it was 11 a.m. in the morning and nothing was probably clean yet, but I was extremely happy that they did have a Junior Suite ready to go. The Front Desk staff was the complete opposite from the Sheraton (the sister property I was walked to), they were friendly, inviting, and very helpful. Don't remember his name, but I do remember seeing his passion on his name tag as being college sports, and he was on point, very nice, friendly and great throughout my stay. Told him when I checked-in that the Sheraton had charged me for the first night, and he promptly saw to it that the bill was adjusted and a new copy was slipped under my door. Ordered room service several times throughout my stay, and out of all the countries I have been to and all the brands of hotels I have stayed in, was most impressed by the service from your Room Service staff. No only was the food delicious, but the room service staff was friendly, asked to be invited in to the room each and every time, and even asked me to make sure my food looked okay. Both of the Room Service staff members I dealt with were very personable. The room service staff at the Sheraton should take note. Don't remember the name of the woman who answered my Service Express calls, but she was terrific as well, so friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed December 7, 2010

This is a new, clean and well-managed property, good for business travelers. Rooms are certainly pleasant if a bit sterile; pluses include very comfortable beds/linens, plenty of channels on the nice flat screen TV, and double shower heads with good water pressure. The lighting however (especially at the desk) is not great, the windows don't open, and there's a ~$12/day charge for wireless internet -- c'mon, Westin!

Nice gym and pool on PH floor.

Had dinner at Vinifera. Our waitress was terrific, but alas the promising menu made the food sound better than it was. Fried calamari wasn't as crispy as it should be; lamb chops were thin and the accompanying "lime risotto" a stodgy, starchy mass, not creamy at all (but the baby turnips etc. were undercooked). Desserts just okay too, including an overly-thickened, too-dense crème brûlée and over-touted underwhelming chocolate bread pudding. Plus, if you're going to focus a restaurant on wine, run a menu spell check: "prosecco" has an "s" in it (!)

On balance, I would return when in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Hotel is nestled in the back with other hotels and establishments. Rooms are very clean and elegant. The heavenly beds are to die for. I have stayed at countless top quality hotels, but their beds may have been the mos comfortable. Did not eat at their restaurant but it looks nice and there were a lot of people there. They also have a nice exercise room with pool on the top floor. Staff was very, very friendly. The only downside is that they do not offer free internet and that needs to change AND their towels were not the softest, so they should seek other methods. All in all, my wife and I had a great time and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Luv2Travel1971
Reviewed October 30, 2010

While this place is a little far from the heart of Tysons Corner, I prefer staying here (since I always have a car). It's a smaller property, but the rooms I've been given have been great - very clean, upto the Westin standard. Not too impressed with the breakfast - but i'm usually grabbing starbucks on my way to meetings/office anyways. There's not much within walking distance so you must have a car.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We needed to spend one night at a hotel near Dulles on our way to southern VA to attend a family funeral. After reading TripAdvisor reviews, I chose the Westin Reston Heights. Got a great prepaid rate online -- $75 (probably available only on weekends). We were very pleased with the hotel and Vinifera (wine bar/restaurant). Our room was quiet, pleasantly-decorated, and very clean, with a very comfortable bed and bedding. Our waiter at Vinifera on Friday night (10/22) was friendly and pleasant even though we showed up to order wine and a late dinner less than 30 minutes before closing time. We also had a good breakfast -- and we liked the restaurant and service so much that we stopped back by the hotel for lunch on our way back to Dulles for our flight home.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NorCalfemale
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I traveled all day long and came into Dulles at 9:15PM and called the hotel to see when the shuttle would be picking up customers at the airport and was told it would be there by 9:45. I waited until 10:15 and finally caught a $21.00 cab ride. When I asked at the desk, the desk clerk just laughed it off. I informed her that I didn't mind waiting but to be 30 minutes late at 9:15 with no traffic is not good customer service. I know that the hotel owes me nothing but the shuttle service is a MAJOR reason I stay at this hotel. She did tell me the bar was open until midnight. I guess I was supposed to go drown my woes. :-)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Travel_Often_TN
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I had a lovely weekend of wine touring and relaxing at the Westin! This was truly the best hotel experience we have ever had! The staff was helpful with providing us directions and maps as well as being friendly and thoughtful! The rooms were immaculate and comfortable. The restaurant provided a peaceful, delicious food experience and the pool and hot tub provided us a lovely view of the Washington Monument as well as being able to watch the sunset!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 60,895
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#8 of 20 in Herndon

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!