“Very nice hotel and restaurant”

Westin Reston Heights
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Northern California
“Very nice hotel and restaurant”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We needed to spend one night at a hotel near Dulles on our way to southern VA to attend a family funeral. After reading TripAdvisor reviews, I chose the Westin Reston Heights. Got a great prepaid rate online -- $75 (probably available only on weekends). We were very pleased with the hotel and Vinifera (wine bar/restaurant). Our room was quiet, pleasantly-decorated, and very clean, with a very comfortable bed and bedding. Our waiter at Vinifera on Friday night (10/22) was friendly and pleasant even though we showed up to order wine and a late dinner less than 30 minutes before closing time. We also had a good breakfast -- and we liked the restaurant and service so much that we stopped back by the hotel for lunch on our way back to Dulles for our flight home.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorCalfemale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
Memphis, TN
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I traveled all day long and came into Dulles at 9:15PM and called the hotel to see when the shuttle would be picking up customers at the airport and was told it would be there by 9:45. I waited until 10:15 and finally caught a $21.00 cab ride. When I asked at the desk, the desk clerk just laughed it off. I informed her that I didn't mind waiting but to be 30 minutes late at 9:15 with no traffic is not good customer service. I know that the hotel owes me nothing but the shuttle service is a MAJOR reason I stay at this hotel. She did tell me the bar was open until midnight. I guess I was supposed to go drown my woes. :-)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Travel_Often_TN
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I had a lovely weekend of wine touring and relaxing at the Westin! This was truly the best hotel experience we have ever had! The staff was helpful with providing us directions and maps as well as being friendly and thoughtful! The rooms were immaculate and comfortable. The restaurant provided a peaceful, delicious food experience and the pool and hot tub provided us a lovely view of the Washington Monument as well as being able to watch the sunset!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 60895
Boston
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Had a great stay @ the Westin. The staff was excellent and the rooms were clean and comfortable.
On one morning I asked the front desk to change a 20 so I could leave the maid a tip... Appears this is not an easy task as I was sent to the restaurant, then back to the front desk and eventually ended up with two 10s.. Not a big deal, but really how is it that between the front desk & the restaurant they can't change a 20...

The location is good, 5min drive to Reston Town Center. There is a Chili's right up the street that you could walk to, along with a gas station & 7eleven.
Good central location for us - the drive to DC was easy and not too far.

The floor of the pool looked pretty dirty but the hot tub was nice.

The wireless internet is overpriced - Crazy to pay $11 a day for internet. I only needed it for a few minutes so I ran down the street to Barnes & Noble.

I would stay here again. The bed was comfy, the room was nice, the hotel overall was great.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bostonSkT
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2010

The Hotel Bar is fabulous! The bartender provides yummy drinks and wine! Young remembers what you drink and always provides entertaining service. However, the bar menu is horribly inconsistent. Tasteless..cold when should be hot and needs to add new variety. The entree menu is always delicious. Would love to see the Chef bring attention to the bar menu....sometimes you just want an appetizer.
Ok, Chef I know you can do it!
I am a local and I will not give up on you:)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachbummj23
Brattleboro, VT
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Had a fantastic week staying at the Westin. I was in town for a training in Reston Town Center, which is just about a mile away. My flight was delayed getting in, so I didn't arrive until after midnight. I was greeted by the very friendly Kwadwo Owusu at the front desk who got me setup with a very nice room. I stay at a lot of hotels and it was quite possibly the nicest check-in experience I've ever had.

The hotel is very new and in great shape. The gym facilities are top notch, and were nearly empty every time I used them in the early evening. My room was nice & comfortable (with a huge bathroom!). I'll definitely be staying here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My whole family loved this hotel! The room was elegant, spotless, and luxurious. The bathroom was lovely (I admit to taking a few of those adorable leaf soaps) and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in. Exercise room and pool are average (the pool had a lifeguard which was nice), but we appreciated the nice hot tub. Hotel is very quiet. The staff was courteous and well-dressed. My only complaints are that there is no free wifi (I hate having to go down to the business center) and that it's a little bit of a drive to the capitol buildings and about 15 minutes from the closest metro station, but for the price I got, I couldn't be more happy with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#8 of 20 in Herndon

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!