All reviews wine bar front desk junior suite top floor heavenly bed town centre dulles airport comfortable rooms self parking free parking per day nice room shuttle service minute drive northern virginia business center business trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Somehow, the Westin was the least expensive pet friendly hotel in the area the weekend I went up. The room was clean and spacious. I love that they have cold water in the lobby all the time and dog treats at the desk. It's in a safe neighborhood (for walking) and close to lots of amenities. And while I didn't eat there, it's good that there's a restaurant on site as well as one at the hotel next door.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I slept here for a few hours after a redeye flight (I booked for the night before and just noted on my reservation that I would be arriving at 6am). The front desk person gave me a quiet room near the end of the hall that was very clean. I had a fast and delicious breakfast from room service, slept in my very comfortable bed for a few hours (they were also nice enough to give me late checkout), and got ready in the very clean bathroom. Parking was free. I picked this hotel because I called the Dulles Westin and they were super rude to me, and I called this one and they were great. I don’t know that there’s much around here (seemed to be kind of an office park area) but I would happily stay here again if I was doing another redeye into Dulles.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not a great checkin experience. Almost everything in my profile was missed (king bed - had confirmed this prior to stay, high floor etc), but after returning for a new room assignment it was a decent experience.

Rooms are due a refresh and I wasn't sure if the "pattern" on the carpet was by design or age.

Comfortable bed, decent shower, quiet rooms and free parking. It's not really in the center of anything so you'll need a car, but it's conveniently located for easy access to Reston, Dulles and DC.

For some reason housekeeping never leave shower gel. At least its just a quick request on the app!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
JulieW4611, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Reston Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Morning TauntonInternationl,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We want to apologize the issues you faced with check in. We will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate departments to ensure it is addressed immediately. We do have an exciting renovation planned for the end of this year to complete update the guest rooms including the carpets. We do hope you return in the future and see at true improvement in the service provided.

Warm Regards,
Julie Welch
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2019

The location of this hotel for anyone doing business near Dulles is ideal; also a short drive to the amenities of Reston Town Center. Check-in was efficient and polite, and I received an unexpected but appreciated upgrade to a large suite.

Rooms are fresh and well-equipped with large bathrooms, lots of ports to charge devices, and very comfortable beds. I found the hotel to be extremely quiet after hours and slept well there.

Interesting details like a gas fireplace and complimentary water in the lobby, good wine bar onsite, and the lending of sports equipment like running shoes made this hotel a stand-out for me.

Only small quibbles - no shuttle service on Saturdays and no shuttle at all to Dulles, plus Uber drivers have a hard time finding the hotel entrance.

Otherwise, great value for money and an excellent choice in Northern Virginia.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2019

Nice hotel, located a few minutes from Reston Town, not far from Washington DC. Comfortable lobby, friendly staff, and with a small but nice pool on the roof (in-pool). Yet, the room was at first without a fridge, which was provided immediately on demand, but it should have been in the room before check-in.

Room tip: Check in advance a room with a mini-fridge.
Date of stay: July 2019