“Great service in beautiful new hotel, some details were a let down...”

Westin Reston Heights
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Sadly in town for a funeral. Wanted a guaranteed quiet night's sleep close to Dulles. Hotel staff was very helpful, friendly on arrival. Allowed us to check in early to get dressed. Lobby was beautiful. Our brand new room was unfortunately already falling apart. The shower door didn't shut, one of the sink faucets was loose and the bedside lamp was in pieces. Location was close to airport in an office park setting. Nothing of interest nearby.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 14, 2008

My company's travel operation had booked me into some moderate place in the Reston/Herndon area at a rate that I knew I could do much better than, so I took a look at Hotwire and there was a 3.5 star hotel in Reston. I went ahead and booked it and it was the Reston Westin and it is a wonderful place for a business traveller. Convenient location, good bar and great restaurant (Vinifera). The linens are superb and the room was spacious, with top quality fixtures and fittings.

The hotel is contemporary in style and can seem sterile in the lobby/entryway but there is plenty of hospitality in the bar and restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Kiwi_in_KC
Reviewed December 1, 2008

First of all, a note to anyone using priceline to book a room (which I highly recommend, as we got this room for $80.00 a night). After you book the room, call the hotel and reserve a king. All priceline does is guarantee you a room, not the bed or any other requests. Those must be done directly through any hotel, and since reservations are made through a third party, any request they accept is strictly an added bonus, as they are not required to do so!

My wife and I stayed here mid August 2008. The staff was extremely helpful, especially the acting manager, Mike. The hotel was very empty, as are most hotels in that area since it is very new and was made during the "hotel boom".

The hotel had a great modern feel to it. They have a free business center downstairs and free local shuttle. We enjoyed the fitness center and lapool/jacuzzi as well.

We were a few minutes away from the Reston Town Center which has a nice movie theater and pleny of restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MattBrown81
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I liked this hotel but even though it was fully operational, it felt like it was still under construction. I mean it was nice and clean and shiny, but there was no one around. I stayed for two nights and while I was out from morning until night, I saw fewer than a dozen other guests. And the staff, while good and competent, seemed to be hiding in their offices or behind the reception wall. I passed the reception desk on more than one occasion when there was not a single person behind the desk. And the lobby was almost always empty. More like a showroom than a hotel. But the hotel is VERY high quality from the toiletries and linens to the Westin-branded bed to the overall upkeep. I would definitely stay here again if I got a good price, but my sense is this type of hotel very much caters to corporate types working in the Reston area.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank sirtravel
Reviewed October 6, 2008

We arrived at the Westin on a Saturday evening and were looking forward to a great meal and a king sized bed; little did we know that we would get neither. We made our arrangements through Priceline and requested a king sized bed specifically because my husband is 6'6". The employee checking us in informed us that we would not receive a king sized bed because they had an unexpected large group of people to arrive and there were no king sized beds left. I'm sorry, but we made our reservations 1 and 1/2 months prior to that evening because we were flying out of Dulles the next day and we should have gotten priority over "unexpected arrivals." We just went on to the room and thought we would make the best out of a bad situation; then came the problem with the restaurant. We arrived and found that we could not dine in the dining room because they were unprepared for the arrival of all of the people and could not accommodate anyone without a reservation. We went around to the bar and were deciding what we were going to drink when the bartender offered me a sample of some wine I had inquired about; nice enough, right? Wrong. I didn't care for the wine and when I told him, he picked up the glass and finished it off! I was appalled! We ordered completely overpriced and under portioned appetizers and got out of there. The rooms are very pretty and that is the extent of it; the sheets felt like they had about 3 cans of starch on them and we were very happy to leave the next day. When asked by the desk clerk how our stay was we informed him of the problems and told him we would not be back. He simply said "oh, have a nice day." Good luck to anyone who choses to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank butlerab
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Took advantage of their opening special in May, 2008. We stayed for 3 nights (May 29th-30th)and enjoyed every minute. Loved everything about this hotel from the staff, to the shuttle to Reston Center, the decor, but we really, really loved the heavenly beds. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BRK2008
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We booked this through Starwood and they were having a promotion, so we only paid about $100. We were upgraded to a suite, which was large and included a separate sitting area, but no separate bedroom. Obviously for what we paid I can't possibly have any complaints.

The Reston Weston is new and slick and spacious-feeling. The indoor pool was a nice size. I didn't check out the gym, but they were playing it up at check-in so it's probably nice. We used valet parking, which was $10 (reasonable), but I think the free parking was conveniently located. When we checked out the valet was unavailable and instead of letting us wait around another staff member ran (literally) and got my car. We weren't in a rush and hadn't waited around or anything, so I was impressed that the staff would just automatically do that without thinking about it. Nice can-do attitude.

The immediate area is other high-rise hotels and busy streets. it's not in a neighborhood. It is, however, very convenient to the airport. We chose it for it's proximity to the Air and Space museum.

Overall it was a very convenient and pleasant experience. It's a good choice if it's in the area you want.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank janedoe2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#8 of 20 in Herndon

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!