“This is what I expect from Westin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Colorado
“This is what I expect from Westin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

First of all, this wasn't by choice. I missed a flight during the FAA/ATC/Gov't debacle. (First flight late, connection on time -- Beautiful!! Figures the flights in the DC area would be on time.) Anyway, I picked the Westin for my overnight stay and, let me tell you, this hotel is a beaut! The stone/marble work in the lobby, the fireplace, the overall look is top notch. The location is great because it's not in the middle of the DC mess. The exterior , especially at night, is amazing. Any wife would love to have you walk her up to this place for a stay. I didn't get to eat at the restaurant, so I don't have an opinion there. The room...hard to say just how good a job they did with it. Everything from the marble work to the exquisite bathroom to the bed to the nice size flat screen TV to everything else -- even the soap was exquisite. Justin at the front counter was great and the shuttle service (though I wish it ran more than every 30 minutes) did a great job helping me through a very stressful situation.

The down side: You pay for everything. I guess if you have a high scale, "a la carte" mentality, then it's fine. I'm used to the Holiday in Suites where breakfast and internet are included. I almost felt like I was going to see number of toilet flushes on my bill.(smile) A little dramatic, but I would say this is typical for the nicer hotels. You find out real quick how important your internet access is if you don't have a smartphone. The fridge isn't even an option. $1 for the water wasn't bad, but still. (I did call to see if use of the coffee maker, which came with Starbucks pouches, was free and it was.) One other thing I liked was they had a runner's route card at the desk, so I could have gotten in a run if I had time. A little thing for the less inclined, but I found it a nice touch.

All in all, it was exactly what I would expect from Westin.

John R, Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Gadget 665,

Thank you for the positive review! Our property prides itself in accommodating travel delays and I am happy to hear our services met your expectations. The modern aesthetics, the white tea scents and bath amenities, and the Heavenly products are what distinguish the Westin brand. As you mentioned, the quiet location of our Reston Heights property is a complimentary shuttle-ride away from Reston Town Center and Dulles Airport and just 30 minutes outside of Washington D.C. Although our rooms include a cooler, we do provide refrigerators, as well as a variety of additional items, upon request. We hope you choose to stay with us again to experience the award-winning Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro and our running routes!

John Robinson
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently had a 7 night stay, whilst Attending ACR courses. The hotel is conveniently located, close to the ACR and Dulles Airport. There is a free Hotel shuttle from the airport and from the Hotel to Reston town centre. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and clean. The staff is very helpful and knowledgable. The gym and pool, located at the top floor, have a lovely view. The WiFi is fast and reliable. Reston is located about 45km from downtown Washington, so I would not recommend this hotel if your purpose is to visit DC.

Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed for 1 night, April 12-13. Reserved one room through Airport Accomodations at the nightly rate of $80 USD. We had missed a connecting flight at Washington Dulles International Airport, so we were given a central hotel contact for "distressed passengers". At the airport, we looked at TripAdvisor reviews and chose the Westin since it was the top-rated hotel in the area and it offered a free airport shuttle.

Check-in was smooth, and there were generally two or three clerks at the front desk (although only one at check-out). They were helpful in understanding our situation and provided us with free toiletries (toothbrushes and toothpaste) since we didn't have our checked baggage with us. The lobby is very sleek with modern furnishings.

Our room (329) had a firm king bed, lounge chair, dresser, HD TV and a desk. There was also a single-cup coffee maker and two bottles of water (but only one was complimentary). The bathroom continued the modern design with a granite countertop and a "heavenly shower" with two shower heads instead of just one.

We needed to get Internet access to update our travel plans, so we opted to pay the $11.95 daily fee for in-room Internet service. I always find it odd that upscale hotels charge for what is becoming a basic amenity, but it is something that I can live with.

The pool and fitness center are located on the penthouse level. I was impressed that the pool and hot tub were always supervised by a lifeguard, and the fitness center had plenty of machines (four treadmills plus an assortment of steppers and stationery bikes) and a mini-fridge of cold towels.

My favorite amenity was the complimentary shuttle. It served not only the airport and the Reston Town Center (great place to find a nice restaurant or bar) but anywhere within a two-mile radius. That allowed us to make a stop at Target (12197 Sunset Hills Road) to pick up a phone charger and other essentials.

Despite the fact that there is not much around the hotel (a 7-Eleven convenience store was the only recognizable place), our unplanned stay at the Westin helped put us at ease despite our travel difficulties.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank smokedmeat
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We met our family for a 2 night stay at this hotel. Kieran and Michael at the front desk were very helpful and arranged for our suites on the same floor. The suites were clean, roomy and the staff was very friendly and courteous.
The gym was great and my 4 1/2 yr old enjoyed the pool. (There was a lovely young lady who was on lifeguard duty)
Overall, we just had a great time and felt welcome and taken care of during our stay. The Westin is a business hotel during the week and a more casual weekend getaway hotel on weekends. I would not hesitate to go back for another stay. Perfect hotel in a perfect location!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I cannot find anything profound to say about the Westin Heights. I stayed there 4 nights and was very satisfied. The rooms were pleasant and clean, WIFI worked, breakfast buffet was good, the staff was helpful and friendly. This was altogether a pleasant stay.

The sole problem was that the driver of the airport shuttle seemed to think we was in a rally car which was unfortunate.

• 4 of 5 stars
John R, Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear SuTengKai,

Thank you for your positive review! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the Westin brand aesthetics and amenities during your four day stay. The Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro takes pride in creating a unique menu for our guests to experience. I do apologize the shuttle service did not meet the safety standards we hold ourselves to; our team will make the necessary adjustments to ensure our guests are comfortably transported to and from our property. If you are ever in the area, we would love to have you stay with us again!

John R.
South Berwick, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Westin Reston Heights was a very nice clean hotel to stay for our recent trip to the Reston/DC area. They offer a complementary shuttle to the Reston Town Center which is great for doing some shopping or getting some dinner and drinks. They have a good sized gym, pool and hot tub upstairs that was great for adults and children alike. The hotel is a 15 min drive from the Vienna Metro station that can quickly get you directly into the city and in 2013 a Reston Metro station will be opening making this hotel even more convenient to get into DC. That staff was friendly and the hotel was clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on parking lot side are quieter.