WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Westin Reston Heights

Westin Reston Heights
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Rowlett, Texas
“Good Hotel With Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property twice for business in the months of February and March 2013. It's a very clean and well maintained property. The service is friendly, professional, and what you would expect at a Starwood property. I have not unfortunately had an opportunity to visit the hotel restaurant but my colleagues who have stayed here and did said their meals were wonderful. My only tiny complaint is that parking is confusing. If you self park as I do note the garage is around and down behind the building. If you pull up to the front door you need to pull back out and go around behind. It's somewhat tricky to find. However, this is a great property and I recommend a stay to anyone in the Reston area.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Simple: comfortable room, decent view, everything the way I like it. The work area - desk, chair - is of a good size, and arranged conveniently. The shower is wonderful (this room only has a large stall shower, which suits me perfectly). I'd definitely stay here again. I'll review the restaurant separately.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room. The view is of the other buildings around, but still worthwhile.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I wish I could give this hotel 3.5 stars bc I don't feel the service here warrants a full four stars. We stay here almost weekly and each time we check in something goes wrong. On the last visit the door to our room didn't lock. On the visit before it took a good 30 minutes to get towels brought to the room and I believe last month the heat wasn't working properly. Unfortunately there aren't too many hotel options in Reston so the Westin will have to do for now. I have stayed at many Westins throughout the US and this one falls just short of the others. I'm hoping they can work out the kinks.

1 Thank LessWork M
John R, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Terpen t,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on previous visits. The service you describe is not consistent with the experience we aim to deliver to all of our guests. Our team takes great pride in delivering exceptional experiences and with your feedback we can adjust how we operate. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you the level of service we hold ourselves to, please feel free to reach out to us directly if there is anything we can do.

Be well,
John
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Tucked away in a quiet area of Reston is the excellent and very comfortable Westin. The hotel was extremely quiet and modern. The king room was standard size and the bathroom was huge. The penthouse heated pool, whirlpool, and gym was an added bonus. Also, we enjoyed the free parking in the underground garage. The only downside to the Westin is the WiFi is not free. Hotwire is the way to go for great deals on four star hotels.

1 Thank mattpheil
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

The purpose of this note is to commend Mr. Michael McCoy for his excellent service he provided to my wife and me during our stay at the Westin this past week. We arrived a day late due to plane delay and asked for a quiet room. I was so impressed by the support and service provided by Michael that I felt compelled to go on record with my praise. Employees like these truly deserve recognition. In an era where exceptional one-to-one customer service excellence has virtually disappeared from our society, the professional help provided by Mr. McCoy should be held up as an example for others to try to emulate.
In closing, I believe that Mr. McCoy truly deserves to be congratulated and rewarded for providing excellent customer service and support well beyond the expectations of both my wife and myself.

Thanks again.
Very sincerely,
Gil and Velia Cano
909-579-9245

Room Tip: Ask for Michael.
1 Thank veliac
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

No surprises in the modern rooms of a Westin. The bar and restaurant provided a nice menu, extensive wine list and scotch selection. Presented to you on an Ipad. Wifi is not free. fitness room has all the basics machines and free weights. staff is friendly. I had to eat a clean breakfast because I am in training the kitchen prepared my breakfast to my specifications. Always a challenge when I travel in the states. Large portions, fried and meat piled on the plate to overflow.Sheraton is right across the courtyard which has a very lovely restaurant. Could have done without the teenage girls visiting for a competition running around from floor to floor. Not the hotels fault.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Wexford, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights and I was very very unimpressed. The safe in my room was broken and the poor guy who tried to fix it couldn't and I had to repack all my clothes to move room to get a working safe. This was not so bad, it could happen to any hotel. But the thing that really ruined my stay was the appalling and I do mean appalling service and attitude of the breakfast staff. Two mornings during the stay the waiter actually threw/tossed the bill onto our table. They grumbled at us when taking our order each and every morning and often left us waiting for ages while they were in the kitchen chatting with no other customers there.

Next time if I have to stay here, I will have to find another place in the locality to get breakfast each morning to avoid this terrible service.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from end of corridor as the emergency exit is used by staff and shakes the wall whe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jamesmwhite
John R, Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Jamesmwhite,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Reston Heights. I am genuinely sorry to hear the breakfast service ruined your experience. The service you describe is not consistent with the standard our team strives to deliver and your feedback will allow us to adjust our operations and ensure guest expectations are met. I do hope you return and allow us the opportunity to prove the award-winning Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro is held to the highest level of service. If there is anything we can do, please reach out to us directly at 703-234-3508.

Be well,

John Robinson
Rooms Division Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#11 of 20 in Herndon

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!