“Will be back - for sure. Treated RIGHT”

Westin Reston Heights
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Reviewed December 7, 2011

This was my second stay at this property and reinforced my very positive impression.  We arrived early hoping for an early check in but expecting to wait several hours.  No problem whatsoever.  Based upon Platinum status, upgraded to a large suite and in the room working by 9am.  While the Internet was a tad slow, it was complimentary and readily available.  The room was nice and the bed wonderful.  Great night sleep.  Late check out was not a problem and we departed around 3 for a 5 pm flight out of Dulles.  Again - right on.  The staff was professional but friendly.  The front desk staff especially. I was a bit annoyed that the maid knocked in spite of the do not disturb but she quickly backed away and moved on.   The only real downside was the relatively few tv channels available.  They did have HBO but many of the normal channels were missing.  Oh well.  The parking is free which is very very nice.  There are few restaurant choices so we drove to dinner at Reston Town Center which was about 6 min away.  It worked out fine but limited the alcohol to 1 round - probably all for the best!  I recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed December 5, 2011

this was my second visit to this hotel. This is a very modern, clean business hotel..free shuttle to the airport (but note only leaves on the hour so you have to hope this fits your schedule) and good wifi axross the hotel..

this feels like a funny review to write as there was nothing at all truly wrong with this hotel, but at the same time it felt weird.

1. There was no one available at the front to valet car and take bags to room. the front desk ended up parking the car and engineering took our bags to the room.
2. There was a very flat, empty quiet feel to the hotel - I think i saw 5 people over 2 days

I would absolutely stay here again but will know that I most likely need to organize for dinners etc outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: be careful booking a suite. they have junior suites which are just larger rooms and not suites. you...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank aussielivingintheUSA
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed here for three nights and were treated like important customers from the time we arrived till the time we left. My son was exhausted upon arrival so they let me park in valet since it was closer. We saw they had a kids pack in their services guide so I asked and they gave us a backpack full of activities for him to stay entertained. The pool was on the top level and they kept it nice and warm which was perfect for a cold november night!

The only drawbacks were that the location is a little awkward to find and not as close to the Town Center as I had hoped. We couldn't walk there easily . Alap, the entire block lost power for an extended period of time in the evening and we had to stand outside in the cold since it was so dark inside. The hotel shares a circle with a Sheraton and some other high rise and they were all dark. But the buildings next door were lit up.

Overall the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We would definitely return if the rates remain that low!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Only spent one night at the hotel. Next to freeway but the room was very quiet. A short walk to a Chili's for a dining option. Staff were courteous and attentive. A free fifteen minute shuttle to Dulles provided by the hotel was greatly appreciated

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2011

breakfast bites - room service or in restaurant they fo mot know how to do it. once i- so what - twice not so good.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank rfromny
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The staff and room itself was great, annoyed at the almost$12/day/per laptop internet charge, connection was not as fast as it could be either.

We had breakfast in the restaurant one morning, they burnt the pancakes, the bacon looked like it had freezerburn and the sausage wasn't good either. We will not make the mistake of eating there again.

We had dinner in Reston, Bon Ami Gabi, and dinner was great, you need to make a reservation tho.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank wherearewegoing1
FOM_Westin_Reston, Executive Chef at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

wherearewegoing1,
The entire staff of the Westin Reston Heights was very happy to hear your positive comments on our service and accommodations - we pride ourselves on providing a comfortable home away from home environment for our guests.

As executive chef Vinifera Wine Bar Bistro, the most awarded restaurant in Reston, it is disheartening to hear that you did not have a good experience for breakfast. I assure you we only use the freshest of ingredients and we strive for artfully presented dishes. Your comments are valued and will be shared with my culinary team. We do hope to have the opportunity to showcase our true talents to you on a future visit to Reston!

Executive Chef Bo Palker

Reviewed October 22, 2011

I was on my way home from California to central Virginia after a 2 week business trip, and didn't have anyone to pick me up from Dulles for several hours after my arrival, so decided to stay near the airport and go home in the morning. I booked the room through Hotwire, got a great price, and was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel, the staff, and my aforementioned Caesar salad from room service. No complaints...would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
FOM_Westin_Reston, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

PTang1972,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. The team was quick excited we were able to surprise and delight you during your visit. Should you find the time to visit us again, I highly recommend the Mediterranean Salad with the accompanying vinaigrette dressing.
Be well,
-Dave

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#8 of 20 in Herndon

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!