“The real deal dairy bar”
Review of Moo Thru

Moo Thru
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Remington
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Good old fashioned hand-dipped ice cream with a nice selection of yummy flavors. They also have soft serve, but I have not tried it (yet). Glad this place is a little out of my way on 29S in Remington, VA or I would look like a cow. Generous scoops at a reasonable price, too!

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Driving by and saw all the cars so we turned around. Spouse got a small vanilla sundae and it was delicious she said. I got a small chocolate shake and both of us thought it was at best very ordinary, even watery. Spouse said she would definitely return. Me, not so sure.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Chocolate shake was super rich and topped with real whipped cream. Some unusual flavors. Yum! Prices are reasonable--$7 for a shake and two scoops of ice cream in a cup.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I don't live in the area, and was just driving through on my way to Washington, DC, but the sign caught my eye, and I stopped in--and am very glad I did. Even from the parking lot there is a delicious smell of waffle-cone batter wafting around, and the ice cream itself was even better. I felt like I got a good value for what I paid, and the ice cream was some of the bet I've had. It was creamy, smooth, and flavorful. There was a great selection of flavors and toppings, and the staff was friendly.

As a note, if you're approaching from the south on 29, you may think (or be told by your GPS) that you have to flip a U turn to enter the Moo Thru parking lot. You can actually turn left through the intersection (where turning right would put you on 28) and enter the parking lot from the back road. Depending on traffic, that might be a little easier.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This coop of farmers who are keeping up with the dairy herd at their farms and making and selling the ice cream is special. This is a MUST STOP on our way home from Dulles airport to celebrate our coming home to the USA and tasting REAL ice cream again. I will have to do another taste test to see what is the best today. It changes from day to day. This is an ice cream parlor along the road in Virginia. It is a great break from the traffic and the food is as good as everyone says it is. Enjoy