“Highly Recommend”

Inn at Kelly's Ford
Ranked #1 of 2 Remington B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Inn at Kelly's Ford after getting married there on 4/19. What a beautiful place! We stayed in the very unique Silo suite and were nothing but pleased! This suite was very clean and a very comfortable place to stay. The staff were very friendly from check-in to room service. We were served breakfast the next morning and I must say, the food was delicious! We had no complaints with our experience at the Inn at Kelly's Ford. We highly recommend this beautiful place for a relaxing getaway.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kahender

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I are B&B regulars and are always in search of the “special” place where everything comes together and creates an excellent experience and they did it at the Inn at Kelly’s Ford. We had a Living Social deal – which gave us an excellent price. The pastoral location gave us the peace we were looking for in a weekend getaway. The Main Dining Room and the Pelham’s Pub gave us great food and drinks (Thanks to Cindy). The room was huge (General Meade Cottage) and was immaculate with a fantastic spa tub and marble everywhere in the bathroom and the best of all, water closet with a door for privacy. The bed was comfortable and the stone fireplace was lovely with a wood fire burning. The large bay window in the room overlooked the beautiful Virginia horse country and we had a deck to ourselves off the room. The Inn is in a rural setting but only 13 miles from Culpeper, VA and we spent the day doing a walking tour of the town and trying out the restaurants and shops. The weather did not cooperate but we loved the weekend all the more.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy J
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We discovered the Inn by accident while studying a map. Met with friends for lunch - excellent. It was not busy, but the food was delicious, generous and attractively served by friendly and attentive staff. Will definitely return when in the area. Attractive decor, interesting history, very good website.

Room Tip: Did not stay in the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Have not visited this inn yet. We have a Living Social coupon we want to use in July. Called to make our reservation and they tell us they want to charge our credit card $200 for a deposit. Told them our room is prepaid because we have already paid Living Social and LS has paid them. Told them if they want a credit card number at check-in for incidentals during our stay, no problem but I disagree with them taking $200 of my money for 3 months when we have already paid for the stay in full. They could validate the card and not take the money but they refused that option. Policy was not stated in the Fine Print on Living Social. Tried to be nice about it, Explained my argument but owners would not budge. I feel this is a true violation of good business ethics. We have to go or lose our Living Social Coupon. Hope they are more customer friendly at the facility itself!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SNMBFL
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were excellent and very clean. Our room was spacious had nice features like a fireplace antique tub and outdoor patio area.

I would not recommend eating at the restaurant though. We both had different seafood plates but both of us were not very satisfied with the meal. Definitely not worth the prices they were charging and menu was very limited so one would think every item should be delicious. Seafood tasted frozen vegetables were over cooked. Even the appetizers were not outstanding.

The staff was friendly especially the waitresses. They seemed to really enjoy their jobs and interacted with us more.

Breakfast was very good also and one of the highlights of our stay

We heard the trails at the inn are beautiful to use but the weather did not cooperate.

I would return and recommend the b and b but not the restaurant.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I were married here five years ago. We have stayed two more times since. Most recently, Valentine's Day, which was the occasion of one of the largest snow storms of the year. The place was way understaffed, which we knew it would be, but there were also very few guests on the property--only four of the suites were occupied.

What we loved: Beautiful, spacious room with a stunning view of the snow-covered horse pasture. Great picture window through which we could watch the snow, and we got to see the horses frolicking in the fresh white wonderland. Our room also had a jacuzzi tub for two (very nice for a V-Day getaway), a wood-burning fireplace prepared with everything we needed to get the fire going as soon as we walked in the door. The TV was an older, small model, but it did have a DVD player attached, and we had brought several films in anticipation of being snowed in for two days. Our cottage had a mini-fridge, table + 2 chairs, king-sized bed, and a pull-out sofa. It was nicely decorated with antique furnishings, and the bathroom was tricked out with stone tile and countertops. We were located about 15 steps from the main house, and breakfast was delivered to us both mornings.

Where we saw room for improvement: As long as we stayed in our room, we were delighted. When we ventured forth and interacted with the staff, we were put off. As I said, we know they were short-staffed due to the snow, but at lunch, we had to leave the pub and go to the front desk to ask for a server. The server arrived and for some reason, assumed my husband was the guy assigned to shovel the pathways(!)

The waitress/bartender in the pub was the only waitperson we saw in two days. No smiles, no friendly conversation, no description of the specials of the day. I can't say she created a friendly or welcoming atmosphere.

The food in the pub was fair to poor. I have eaten there before and I know they can do better.

During our two-day stay, we had several badly handled interactions with the staff about our vehicle. It seems wherever we put it, they wanted us to move it somewhere else so they could clear the parking lot of snow. Whenever we did move it, they would ask us to move it again. It was rather an annoying disruption. After much agitation, the staff finally moved the vehicle for us, which they should have done in the beginning, since there was no suitable alternate location to put the car.

Overall, we love the location. We would go back again, and we would plan to sequester ourselves in our room and avoid interaction with the staff as much as possible. It is a beautiful venue with great views and authentic charm. It's great if you love the peace & quiet, the outdoors, and pastoral beauty. If you crave the bustle of city activity and refined service, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the cottages.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katiegray72
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We went for our anniversary on Valentine's day, reservations but still waited 1 hr for seating after our reservation, could be because of recent snow. We went down to the pub, mediocre drinks , wife's cosmo was white with tons of ice, my buttery apple tini was Buttershots, not sure if they added anything else. Bartenders never smile, wait staff never smile, went to the main dining room, saw one waitress , older blonde lady was only one in building who could smile. Of course not the one we get, ours handed us the menu in main dining and asked what do you want ? No descriptions, just what do you want? The food was excellent, but I hate to chase people down for h2o and coffee refills. When leaving, no thank you for your business or have a nice evening, just plop the check down, no pen, just no 'we want you to return' attitude and disappeared into the kitchen. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but when I spend money somewhere that I earned working, I would like at least a thank you for your business for spending your money in our establishment.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Kelly's Ford? Share your experiences!