“Loser”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Remington
Inn at Kelly's Ford
Ranked #1 of 2 Remington B&B and Inns
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Loser”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We
We're hoping to enjoy a holiday Memorial Day weekend and have a great meal. We did have a couple of drinks but we had a rental for the night. When our time came up at 0615 we were told to wait. The dining room was empty but we were told we had to wait. My friend Dan has had 2 knee replacements and had trouble sitting. They said, too bad. We attempted to resolve this but the front test "girls" said too bad. It went down hill from there until the owner was called and he called me a dirty Jew. We left. Don't go here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Kenneth B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was a bridesmaid at a wedding a few years ago at a different Inn in Va where I had a terrible experience so I was curious to find out when I was invited to the Inn at Kelly's Ford this weekend how the two would compare to one another. I am pleased to announce that this event was pure perfection. The estate was unbelievably gorgeous, the wedding was coordinated beautifully, the employees were eager to be accomodating to the guests, and the food was marvelous. I can only hope that when my daughter gets married her wedding will be as magnificent as this one turned out this weekend! If you are looking for a spot for your wedding this is the one!! I give it beyond 5 stars!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LICORICE7021
Maple City, Michigan
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Only about 1.5 hours from Washington, DC, the Inn at Kelly's Ford is a great place to unwind. We loved the JEB Stuart cottage - fireplace, jacuzzi, view of horses in the pastures, comfortable bed, TV-DVD. We spent two nights during the week at the beginning of May and enjoyed tranquility - but weekends get busy with equestrian events. Thursday is karaoke night at the Pelham Pub, and that drew a crowd. Breakfast and dinner at the main were very good; lunch in the Pub was ample and tasty too.

We especially enjoyed a long bike ride (50 miles) on small lightly traveled roads in the area. It was one of the nicest rides on rolling hills; roads were mostly in very good condition and were very clean (no glass or debris). We brought our own bikes - I don't know what the bikes for rent at the Inn are like.

We also enjoyed a one-hour trail ride at the Inn. Our horses were docile, perfect for novices, and the guide was friendly.

All in all, a definite change from city life!

Room Tip: We really liked General JEB Stuart cottage for the spaciousness, the view (if you like horses), and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have been a huge fan of Kim Carnes since she first became famous so once I heard she was going to be with in a hour from me at the Inn at Kelly's Ford I knew I had to try to make it. The concert was great and I am glad I got to make it to that. HOWEVER we tried to have dinner in Pehlam's Pub before hand and it wasn't much of a dinner. The place was pretty packed which is a good thing and we figured most people were going to the concert to but that being said it seemed like most were regulars and the waitresses made it seem like it. They were busy and way understaffed, the servers were trying to make drinks and take orders at same time instead of just having a bartender make drinks, also it took the waitress who attempted to take care of us about 25 minutes to greet us and get our drinks back to us. Finally after 35 minutes we were able to order. Once we ordered we thought service would get better but it didn't we waited another 20 minutes on a refill for our beverages. Getting a little frustrated we ended up seeing Kim Carnes in the Pub area eating as well with her crew. By the time she got there it was about 6:30 knowing she plays at 8:00pm she probably thought she could easily get a meal in. We had to stay until about 7:30 and by the time we were done Kim Carnes and her crew still didn't have there food and all of there drinks were empty kind of like ours. She had one crew member stay behind and got all the food boxed up for them while her and a few others had to leave to get ready. Also the table next to Kim carnes was the lighting crew who we recognized once we got down to the concert and they also had to leave after over an hour and not getting there meals and having empty drinks. Overall I would have done the concert again cause it ended up being great, I would of just picked somewhere else to eat before hand that was more prepared and less rude. Thank you for making the experience a bit better that it started KIM!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sammy F
Reviewed April 8, 2013

For a romantic and peaceful getaway in the quiet hills of Virginia, I can think of no better venue than the Inn at Kelly's Ford! My wife and I were married here and it couldn't have been more perfect. We've been back 3 more times, since, in only 3 yrs! They have many accommodations that vary but we love the cottage suites. They come fully equipped with a king sized bed, fireplace and marble bathroom with shower and jacuzzi tub! You'll love the food, weather breakfast lunch or dinner, especially in the Main Dining room. If they are not fully booked, you can request breakfast brought to your room. The owners, Bill and Linda, are great. I'm told they don't even make a profit there. They just love running this Inn! :) oh the rest of the staff is great too! Don't forget to book an excursion if you can to kayak, tube or horseback ride! We love TIAKF! :)

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank BurkeVaTraveler
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided to take a weekend and escape to the country. We had seen pictures of the cottages at the Inn at Kelly's Ford but pictures do not do this place justice. The cottages are fantastic, the staff was extremely friendly. On the site of the hotel (which is a 200+ year old home) are 2 restaurants and quite a few activities, such as Horseback riding, canoe rentals, walking/hiking trails, bike rentals. If you are looking for a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of the DC region this is it. The property backs up to Kelly's Ford which is a very clean waterway.The water has a blue tint, which is more than what can be said for most waterways in the area.

Room Tip: Go for the Cottages, they will give you the most room, the Silo looked interesting but looks like it...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My fiancé and I bought a livingsocial deal to stay for a long weekend. With all of the stress of wedding planning, we were thrilled to have a romantic getaway planned. We had a wonderful stay this past weekend...until it turned into a nightmare. I got an infection that I believe came from the jacuzzi tub in our room. After we drained the tub, we noticed a bunch of stuff sitting at the bottom of the tub - I assume it came from the jets. Nonetheless, I did not mention anything about this when we checked out. I did not want to spoil what had been a nice experience. The infection is not really the reason for my rating, though. We had still been planning a return trip at that point. However, a few hours after we got home, I got an email from them informing me that a robe was missing from our room, and they charged me $141.75 for it. They didn't even call me to discuss it! I emailed twice and then called the person who sent the email and tried to remedy the situation. I explained that we never even touched any robes, let alone stole one! I explained my recollection of seeing exactly one robe - and only one - when I hung up my dress for dinner; I told her that I even checked my suitcase to make sure that I did not accidentally pack it. I then asked to speak with the owner. I was told the owner would call me the next day. When no one called, I again called them. I was told by the same person I spoke with the day prior that the owner confirmed this was their policy, and she refused to speak with me! They then hung up on my fiance, who tried calling right after I did. So, moments later, I filed a police report, filed a report with livingsocial, and had to put in a charge dispute with my credit card company. Save yourselves the hassle and stay away from this unprofessional, dishonest establishment.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Melro76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Remington
Airlie
#20 of 42 in Fredericksburg
Walden Hall
Walden Hall
#1 of 6 in Culpeper

Been to Inn at Kelly's Ford? Share your experiences!