“Great Weekend Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Remington
Inn at Kelly's Ford
Ranked #1 of 2 Remington B&B and Inns
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Great Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided to take a weekend and escape to the country. We had seen pictures of the cottages at the Inn at Kelly's Ford but pictures do not do this place justice. The cottages are fantastic, the staff was extremely friendly. On the site of the hotel (which is a 200+ year old home) are 2 restaurants and quite a few activities, such as Horseback riding, canoe rentals, walking/hiking trails, bike rentals. If you are looking for a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of the DC region this is it. The property backs up to Kelly's Ford which is a very clean waterway.The water has a blue tint, which is more than what can be said for most waterways in the area.

Room Tip: Go for the Cottages, they will give you the most room, the Silo looked interesting but looks like it...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My fiancé and I bought a livingsocial deal to stay for a long weekend. With all of the stress of wedding planning, we were thrilled to have a romantic getaway planned. We had a wonderful stay this past weekend...until it turned into a nightmare. I got an infection that I believe came from the jacuzzi tub in our room. After we drained the tub, we noticed a bunch of stuff sitting at the bottom of the tub - I assume it came from the jets. Nonetheless, I did not mention anything about this when we checked out. I did not want to spoil what had been a nice experience. The infection is not really the reason for my rating, though. We had still been planning a return trip at that point. However, a few hours after we got home, I got an email from them informing me that a robe was missing from our room, and they charged me $141.75 for it. They didn't even call me to discuss it! I emailed twice and then called the person who sent the email and tried to remedy the situation. I explained that we never even touched any robes, let alone stole one! I explained my recollection of seeing exactly one robe - and only one - when I hung up my dress for dinner; I told her that I even checked my suitcase to make sure that I did not accidentally pack it. I then asked to speak with the owner. I was told the owner would call me the next day. When no one called, I again called them. I was told by the same person I spoke with the day prior that the owner confirmed this was their policy, and she refused to speak with me! They then hung up on my fiance, who tried calling right after I did. So, moments later, I filed a police report, filed a report with livingsocial, and had to put in a charge dispute with my credit card company. Save yourselves the hassle and stay away from this unprofessional, dishonest establishment.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Melro76
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to the holiday events at the Inn for the past two years such as thanksgiving, new years and valentines day and they are always better than before. This past thanksgiving and new years were over the top perfect! The service in the main dining room was spectacular and the food was just as good. Not to mention the great view from the dining room as well. New Years was just as good as the band was surprisingly amazing and had the whole crowd up dancing for many parts of the night. The service was great and the management that night seemed to really have everything figured out. Valentines day was good again but however they did have the same band two years in a row but the band didn't disappoint. The Inn has always been a perfect getaway for us and with the service being so well at the dining restaurants we don't see why we wouldn't keep coming back for many years. Not only do we come for these events but we also attended a wedding in November that went flawless. Food was just as good there and the service always great. This place really knows what they are doing and I know why so many people talk about the Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have been very happy patrons of the Inn since the days it opened. We had many fine meals, exquisitely prepared, and presented. The same two waitresses were always very accommodating and couldn't be nicer. Those experiences all got washed away in a nasty boiling sea of poor service, bad food, and outlandish prices for what we were served. Thanksgiving Day at the Inn has been our tradition the last few years. This past Thanksgiving we got there 1/2 hour early for our reservation just to wait over an hour to sit. Our guest with us ordered the turkey and asked if the gravy had giblets in it? The waitress, whom we never saw before, answered that no it did not have giblets as it was canned! She took our drink order and came back 20 minutes later with 1/2 filled glasses of wine and no olive in the martini. Coffee served with no cream or sugar offered. No sorbet in between courses. Three little pieces of steak for the $32 filet. We asked for two spoons to share a desert and the second spoon never came. In fact the waitress was no where to be seen most of the meal. It felt as if the place were under new management and the wait staff was all new. We emailed our concerns to management thinking at least we would get an apology which might renew our faith in the establishment. On hearing nothing I am declaring the property off limits to our family and will not recommend it again to anyone else.. Dave Z

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank David Z
Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I had spent weeks looking for the perfect spot to have our wedding reception at for 80 to 120 people. (Weeks is a pretty long time for a 7-month engagement, btw). Hotels were too cramped. Banquet Halls were too blah looking for the $. And, vineyards are just too pricey for our comfort level. So, when we showed up at the Inn and took a look around, we fell in love with it right away and knew that we didn't need to keep looking anymore. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous, the hall was quite elegant, and it was all for about as much as we would have spent for any of our other less-exciting places. We would have had our ceremony there, too, but the wifey went into a panic attack thinking about the possibility of rain our wedding day.

Fast forward to the reception itself, and everybody agreed that it was a hit. Plenty of room for all of the tables without feeling cramped, a nice head table for the wedding party, and a spacious dance floor. The bartenders were good and the staff did an amazing job of making sure everything was taken care of (especially important since we opted not to hire a wedding coordinator). Oh, and the food was ABSOLUTELY amazing... especially for "wedding food".

As for the sleeping accommodations, we rented both houses for our families and they worked out perfectly. I also stayed in the Loft with my wedding party the night before the wedding, and that was a blast, and then my wife and I had the General Meade Cottage for our wedding night and not only was the inside of the cottage great, but the view was perfect for the occasion.

All in all, I have zero complaints with the Inn at Kelly's Ford and would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a countryside weekend getaway OR if you're looking at planning your wedding.... unless I know you, then I would tell you to go somewhere else and stop trying to hijack our "spot". =)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gordonsville
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My daughter was married at the Inn at Kelly's Ford on Oct. 13. The reception was in Ripley Hall. We were ever so happy with the food, the service, the ambiance and the beautiful surroundings. Tia and Cody were attentive, knowledgeable and most helpful. Even the weather was great! A wonderful time was had by all. We would definitely recommend this beautiful inn for any special occasion.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been a loyal visitor to the Inn at Kelly's Ford since it opened in early 2000 and have ALWAYS been exceedingly pleased! The owners, Linda & Bill have ALWAYS shown themselves to be professional and have trained their staff to conduct themselves as the same. Anyone crazy enough to write a negative review of the Inn at Kelly's Ford is just absolute off his or her rocker. The service, the food, and the rooms are superb - always. What Linda & Bill have brought to Culpeper is a first-class establishment, and the county should be grateful that they have chosen to give Culpeper County such a beautiful, top-notch inn, within a stone's thrown of our nation's capital.

Room Tip: I have stayed in almost every room available - from the loft to the General's Quarter's - al...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Remington
Poplar Springs Inn & Spa
#2 of 6 in Warrenton
Walden Hall
Walden Hall
#1 of 6 in Culpeper

Been to Inn at Kelly's Ford? Share your experiences!