Inn at Kelly's Ford
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$219
$65
$127
HIExpress.com
Best Western Culpeper Inn(Culpeper)(Great Value!)
$93
$70
$114
$132
Hampton.com
All reviewsthe main dining roompeaceful visitprivate deckrooms are gorgeousgreat getawaywonderful weekendhot breakfastgeneral's quarterscottagefireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My daughter was married at the Inn at Kelly's Ford on Oct. 13. The reception was in Ripley Hall. We were ever so happy with the food, the service, the ambiance and the beautiful surroundings. Tia and Cody were attentive, knowledgeable and most helpful. Even the weather was great! A wonderful time was had by all. We would definitely recommend this beautiful inn for any special occasion.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been a loyal visitor to the Inn at Kelly's Ford since it opened in early 2000 and have ALWAYS been exceedingly pleased! The owners, Linda & Bill have ALWAYS shown themselves to be professional and have trained their staff to conduct themselves as the same. Anyone crazy enough to write a negative review of the Inn at Kelly's Ford is just absolute off his or her rocker. The service, the food, and the rooms are superb - always. What Linda & Bill have brought to Culpeper is a first-class establishment, and the county should be grateful that they have chosen to give Culpeper County such a beautiful, top-notch inn, within a stone's thrown of our nation's capital.

Room Tip: I have stayed in almost every room available - from the loft to the General's Quarter's - all have been lovely! They exude quality throughout - the owners have held nothing back!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked a Living Social deal for our 10th anniversary. What a great value! The trip would have been worth it at full price as well. Megan greeted us upon arrival and made us feel very welcome. There was no looking down the nose at the fact we booked a special deal and she explained all of the extras very well. For those of you who have an issue with the liability waiver, get over it, really! I don't get what the big deal is... Just don't steal your robes or towels or break any of the lovely decorative items in your room. They really do provide a classy, yet comfortable and homey environment for you to enjoy and that should be appreciated.

We stayed in the General Meade Cottage and enjoyed a breathtaking view and the beauty of Virginia's fine horse country. The bed was very comfortable and all of the amenities were very much appreciated! The jacuzzi is very relaxing and the marble bathroom very lovely.

We ate in the Pub both nights and really enjoyed ourselves. Rebecca was our server the first night and she made us feel right at home. The food was good and the prices are very reasonable. Angel waited on us the second night in the Pub and she was a pleasure as well. I find the staff to be very down to earth and very accommodating.

We did the tubing activity and it was comical. We were the only tubers that day which was fun in itself. Rainfall has been off this year in Virginia so the river was low and slow. You can't blame the Inn for that. The wind was blowing upriver so if you weren't paddling you could end up going backward. We beached on sandbars a couple of times, but it was funny and part of the charm of the experience.

Breakfast was delivered exactly as ordered both mornings and arrived hot and on time as well. The eggs Benedict were delicious!

I am glad to see that recent reviews are more favorable than some others I have seen. Before booking our deal I was a little skeptical. However, my husband and I both worked in the hospitality industry for years and know how ridiculously judgmental people can be, so I went for it anyway. I am so glad I did. I am sure a few issues might have been legit, as stuff happens anywhere... I am just so happy that my personal expectations were far exceeded in what I experienced vs. what some others had to say. I think people always expect perfection and need to enjoy an experience for what it is rather than looking for excuses to complain... I'm just sayin'... My husband and I hope to return to the Inn at Kelly's Ford to enjoy this lovely slice of Old Virginia again. Cheers!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Coming from more Northern Virginia area to attend my good friends wedding, me and my husband have never heard of the Inn at Kelly's Ford. We weren't disappointed at all! This is by far one of the best kept secrets in the central/northern virginia area. The food was spectacular and the service was just as great. We ate at the main dining room they have on Friday night and the food and the server was amazing and then we attended the wedding in one of there wedding halls the next day. That somehow topped the night before by great food and such a overall great time. The staff was so generous and the two young adults running the ceremony and reception had everything down perfect like they have been doing it for 10 years. We will be back for sure and next time will bring are kids and make a weekend out of it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Chef Pessaint has a new member of his outstanding team who delivers fabulous food. We had the opportunity to dine at IKF the other night and had one of the best meals we have every had the the Northern and Central Virginia areas. IKF is one of the best kept dining secrets - so make sure you include it on you next trip to the Culpeper area. Perfectly wonderful!

Room Tip: We did not use the accommodations.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple