“Great Service, Staff, Food and Much More!!!!!”

Inn at Kelly's Ford
Ranked #1 of 2 Remington B&B and Inns
Fredericksburg, Va
“Great Service, Staff, Food and Much More!!!!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I attended my nieces wedding in October in the Ripley Hall Building and the ceremony is outside. As a wedding planner myself I would highly recommend Kelly's Ford to any newly weds especially at the low prices they offer. I went over all the Prices with my niece and they blew any other wedding venues around northern and central virginia out of the water! Special thanks to the Staff, Cody and Tia ran the wedding so smoothly and there staff knew exactly what to do at all times. Cody was so helpful and always willing to do whatever we asked him. The food was great and again for a great price and also that night I stayed in one of the cottages which included breakfast the next morning and you just can't beat the view of the property. The next day was able to go for a horse trail ride around the property and they just have so much to offer! Definitely has to be the best wedding site in that area!

Room Tip: All the accommodations are absolutely beautiful!!!! I recommend a cottage suite or if your coming wi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Potomac Falls, VA
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We attended the Murder Mystery Dinner last night and spent the night at the Inn at Kelly's Ford. Our room was fabulous and served our purpose for a quite weekend away. After reading everyone else's comments we were reluctant to come, but we have always taught our kids not to judge things based on what other's say and make their own judgements. I'm glad we did. We did not encounter any rude staff and our room was impecccable. The food at the dinner was pretty average for a buffet dinner, but we didn't go for the food, so I can't really say anything about the fine dining in the restaurant. There were so many things we liked and left feeling very happy we went. Will definitely recommend to friends and family and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carol R
Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My hsb and I spent a Sunday overnight to celebrate a milestone anniversary. Firstly, the staff ignored this the entire time.
We arrived hungry Sat afternoon at 1:30 PM for a late lunch. There were a few other occupied tables and we patiently waited. After we placed our order and waited for our lunch, the waitress's friends arrived, She became completly engrossed in conversation with them and ignored the ringing bell announcing our order was ready. After 5 or more minutes I had to interrupt her socializing and our food was brought to the table. Needless to say the soup was cold!
My dinner that night was a creamed scallop dish which she had recommend. We were the only ones at breakfast the nest day. Our pre- ordered breakfast was served luke warm coffee , runny eggs and burnt toast!
Then came the final straw; I experienced violent diarrhea from the food!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank eleanor g
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I want to start out by saying the cottage we stayed in (General Jackson) was beautiful. Beyond that, the New Year's Eve Celebration they hosted was terrible. We were seated for dinner and it took about 15 minutes for our waitress to come by. It was her first night ever waitressing and it showed. A dining companion ordered a "Jim and Coke" and got a Gin and Coke. We ordered "Rasberry Vodka and Sprite and got 1 entire glass of vodka and one entire glass of Sprite - separately! At that point we realized it wasn't only our waitress that didn't know what she was doing but the bar tender had no clue either. Dinner was mediocre and the food came out cold - salad was good but the rest left a lot to be desired.
There was a great live band for the night and it was advertised that they'd play until 12:30. The band stopped at 11:55 and they turned on TV's to watch the ball drop. As the band prepared to continue, the staff immediately turned on the lights and started clearing the tables!! It's NYE! At least let the party to go to 12:05! Very disappointing and we could tell the band was shocked at the abrupt ending of the night. Employees were rude and seemed very inexperienced. For the amount of money we spent on the evening, we were VERY disappointed. I will not attend a NYE event at Kelly's Ford again. To bad because the place has a lot of potential.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank finn05
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My wife and I attended a beautiful wedding this weekend at Inn at Kelly's Ford. Little did we know it would turn into a second honeymoon for us. We checked in on Thursday and stayed till Saturday. Our room, the general, was in the main house upstairs. Gorgeous! A beautiful bed and breakfast colonial room, complete with period furnishings and claw gold fixture tub. The room overlooked 500 acres of the on site equestrian center.

Breakfast served in the room each morning, a horse and buggy ride with hot chocolate that afternoon and a evening crowd filled Kareoke bar. Fun exploring the city of Remington's scenic highways and quant shops.

Hats off to the entire staff at Inn at Kelly's Ford, with special thanks to Meegan and the entire staff.

Room Tip: Main house rooms are very nice but splurge a little more for the cottages.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Brought my husband and 2 children here to celebrate his 50th birthday and stayed in a lovely suite/cottage overlooking the pastures and horses. Idyllic setting. Opulent bathroom, lovely decor and inviting stone patio. Heated pool a nice treat for the kids in October, although towels were lacking. Great service, good food and reasonable prices in the pub -- enjoyed the adjoining billiard room with the family. Rented mountain bikes for morning ride on property but had difficulty and delays in finding staff to arrange for us -- a bit disorganized. Husband and son also fished in the stocked pond. Was quite reluctant to book after reading earlier reviews, but glad we did. Found the inn perfect for a short getaway from DC suburbs, with friendly staff and peaceful setting.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Chantilly, VA
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband and I spent a 3 day weekend here recently and had an absolutely wonderful experience. I had read some of the reviews on Tripadvisor before booking our 3 day weekend package and had almost changed my mind because some were less than flattering. I'm so glad I didn't let some of the bad reviews sway me. We enjoyed our stay very much and felt it was well worth the money spent. We have stayed in more expensive inns which didn't offer as much as this inn does. We stayed in the General Lee cottage suite. It was very tastefully decorated with sweeping panaramic views of gently rolling hills and grazing horses from the large picture window across the room from our king size four poster bed which was extremely comfy. The marble bathroom had a wonderful 2 person jacuzzi, and while the chilly floor could have used a rug, that was a very small and easily fixed detail. I brought socks! There was a deck off the suite which we will enjoy on our next stay as the weather was a bit rainy and a huge stone fireplace which we also plan to enjoy if we come during cooler weather in the future. We also made use of the wonderful heated swimming pool and watched a wedding taking place in the distance from the steamy hot tub. Pelham's Pub was lots of fun, had great food and drinks, entertainment 2 nights we were there, extremely attentive and some of the hardest working bartenders I've run across. Even made some good friends there! We took advantage of the equestrian center as an activity was included in our package. We decided to go on a guided trail ride. We had a very experienced guide which was a good thing as we are novice riders and she took complete control when my horse starting acting up. Our guide very patiently took my reins and led my horse the rest of the way while keeping both horses under control and me from panicking. I'm very grateful to her! When the weather cleared just before the end of our stay, we took a short canoe trip down the Rappahannock river. It was so lovely and serene! When we were finished, we sat at one of the picnic areas arranged at the end of each canoe run and enjoyed the peaceful surroundings until we were picked up from the equestrian center who handles all the recreational activities. The night of our anniversary we had dinner in the dining room. It was a rainy sunday night and we were the only people having dinner that night so enjoyed the intimacy of having the whole place to ourselves, although we would have enjoyed having other diners there as well. We ordered the crab stuffed chicken which was excellent and very tasty. About the only criticism I could find with this place was with the breakfast which is included with your stay and can be served in your suite or in the dining room and we chose to have both. While my husband enjoyed his omelet very much, I had pancakes one morning which were cold and hard and seemed to come from a box as well as a fruit cup that came from a can. My belgian waffles the next morning were similar, but again my husband ordered eggs which were cooked to order. The last morning I orderd french toast which was fresh and hot and a fruit cup that actually had fresh fruit in it. All in all, though this was the only thing I could find wrong in an amazing weekend that I didn't want to end. There is much to do in the area too. We went to Culpeper and love it's quaint shops and terrific restaurants. There are also several decent wineries in the area for those who enjoy a good glass of wine. We did have to sign a form stating we would be responsible for any damages to their property, but I don't think that's unreasonable when they also rent out entire houses where it could be likely that things could get broken. There should also be clearer communication between the equestrian center and the main house as we didn't get much of an explanation when we arrived as to what activities we could take advantage of with our 3 day package, and the equestrian center didn't seem to understand that an activity was part of our package, but that was quickly cleared up and they were very attentive and pleasant to us as was every staff member at the Inn. The Inn at Kelly's Ford is now at the top of our list of Inns we will be frequenting for years to come. This is the place to come if you are looking for beautiful country accommodations, a place to unwind and find peaceful surroundings as well as lots of outdoor activities, good food and great service!

Room Tip: Loved the General Lee suite!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Remington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton
#1 of 6 in Culpeper
Suites at 249
Suites at 249
#2 of 6 in Culpeper

Been to Inn at Kelly's Ford? Share your experiences!