“Excellent food and service”
Review of Tommy's

Tommy's
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Reedville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Tommy's specializes in Norther Neck seafood and steaks with a waterfront view of Cockrells Creek. We have indoor and outdoor seating, and rooms for small gatherings such as holiday parties, wedding rehearsal dinners, birthday parties and anniversary dinners. Reservations are recommended, but not required.
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We debated whether to go to Tommy's after reading the reviews. Our group of 7 decided to go and give it a try. First the restaurant is kid-friendly even though there is no kid menu our kids had hamburgers and fries. We ordered three different appetizers. The onion rings were fantastic and a large serving for the price. The warm Brie and mango chutney was excellent. Although I did not try them the spiced steamed shrimp were a big hit. The salads were ok. The main course was excellent. My stake was well-seasoned and although not cooked to my specification was very juicy and tasty. The others enjoyed flounder imperial, soft shell crabs, fried scallops, and bacon wrapped scallops. The sides varied my baked potato had seen better days. The sweet potatoes looked yummy and you get plenty of beown sugar on the side. Generous portions of string beans were enjoyed by several of our group. The french fries that came with the burgers were excellent. Everyone had clean plates. The service was prompt and very friendly. The tempo of courses was spot on and we were never kept waiting. The prices are reasonable for the portion sizes. Be sure to note that their seafood entrees have regular and small portions and order accordingly. The ambiance is upscale casual. They are building a deck for outdoor seating too. When in Reedville or even a neighboring town Tommy's is a must try.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

After reading good reviews on Tommy's Restaurant in Reedville,Va. we drove a considerable distance to enjoy an outstanding meal.Boy were we disappointed.We were greeted and seated,and asked what type of wine we would like,and we advised them that we did not partake. Their body language and voice inflection showed that they were disappointed and somewhat stand offich.This occurred again when the waiter did the same thing.We ordered our meal which took nearly an hour of waiting,after the waiter came to our table and said it would be right up.We noticed that the room was only half full of people,so an over flow of customers was not the reson for delay.Our water galsses were never filled.We requested water and never received it.The table cloth ,was plactic,and we were given paper napkins.Now this being a high priced restaurant,one would think that cloth napkins and table cloth would be in order.After waiting for our meal we were served one of the least appreciated meals of our life.My broiled Rock fish was dry,tough,and taistless.My wife Italian dish had the meat deep fried......all in all this was one of the most disapointing dining experiences of our life..We advised th waiter of our disatifaction.As we left the restaurant the hostess approach us and wanted to discount the meal,and hoped that we would return sometime with a drink on the house.No such luck,I will never return.

2  Thank Bill R
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here after hearing so much about the place. We are "come here's" and normally come to Reedville on weekends to get away from the city. Tommy's was rocking the night we went and that created a climate of fun. The view is beautiful by day, but at night, there are no lights to show it. The food was good, but definitely overpriced. My husband ordered the broiled seafood platter (which was one of the more exoensive items on the menu) and it was a really small portion. My crab cakes were good, but again for the price, not a redo. We're better off to stay at home with our view and pick up seafood to go!

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Since Tommy died and the restuarant changed hands we've heard that it wasn't as good as it used to be. NOT TRUE! His kitchen staff is still there, the meats are still superb and the portions large. It was very busy the night we were there and the service was as good as ever. There were a couple of new items to choose from, but the old favorites are still there. I highly recomend the NY Strip steak with a half portion of Onion rings to share as an appetizer! (If you get a full order, better have 4 at your table.)

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We were a party of 7 and we arrived for a late dinner on a Saturday night. Service was excellent and so was the food. We all ordered from the small plates menu and that was enough since you also got a nice salad and bread. When visiting the area I would definitely go back. Our server was excellent.