Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Reedville
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I recently spent our "mini" honeymoon in the Garden Suite at Fleeton Fields. I have visited B & B's around the US and Western Europe, and in my opinion, what makes a place truly memorable,is the proprietor. Marguerite is the perfect hostess, a wonderful cook, (hopefully you will have a chance to sample her lemon chess pie!), and has a decorating style that is elegant without being stuffy. Little touches like fresh flowers from her garden, and the bottle of chilled champagne made us feel most welcomed.
The house is situated on a point within an inlet on the Chesapeake Bay and is surrounded by Marguerite's beloved perennial and rose gardens. Whether you sit under the trees next to the gardens or out on the point, you can feel the gentle breeze coming from the Bay, We spent two evenings, sipping champagne, listening to the birds, and watching the approaching night fall. It was wonderfully serene.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
mslaughter, Owner at Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for such lovely remarks, you both made it easy to be gracious. I will have to say that I will possibly not have lemon chess pie on hand, but it was such a special occasion for you that it was fun to add to your stay. Please come back again to celebrate, I will order only perfect weather! Marguerite

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I selected the Fleeton Fields B&B because it's near the docks where our fishing boat is harbored. Upon arrival, the owner (Marguerite) & I discussed my next morning's departure plans (I had to be up at 0515 & I was not sure what was the best route to the harbor) . She gave me great driving instructions to include a hand-drawn sketch with a great shortcut to save time. Bright & early, the next morning... after a great night's sleep... coffee & a tasty hot egg & bacon sandwich were ready for my departure. We had a spectacular Rockfish fishing trip that day and, upon return, I was able to enjoy a conversation about the fishing event with the hostess. Next day.. after another great night's sleep.. I found a fine breakfast awaiting. Since I was alone at the B&B, Marguerite was gracious enough to remain with me during breakfast. I found her to be a bright & thoughtful conversationalist. She is a big plus to the fine B&B. I"ll return in the future!!

Room Tip: I was in the ground floor room that has direct, private access the backyard gardens and bay waterfront... nice!! Very quiet and peacefull location.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
mslaughter, Owner at Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Thank you, Robert for such a great review. Hope fishing is as fun the next time! Marguerite

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed two nights at Fleeton Fields B&B with our two teenage boys and Jack Russell terrier, and could not have asked for a better accommodation.

Marguerite was everything you could ask for in a hostess: warm, welcoming, informative and helpful, without being overbearing. She provided a number of activities for us to enjoy at the B&B--paddling in the pond, strolling to the small beach nearby, using the large lawn for the bocce ball game we brought, and watching a DVD she recommended--and suggested a number of places for dining and off-site activities. She even gave us bottled water and loaned us a mini cooler for our excursion to Hughlett Point Natural Area Preserve (a beachy hike close by). She saved us a trip to the store with her on-hand supply of first-aid provisions. And she had enough foresight to recommend the ice cream shop in Reedville on our FIRST evening, so that we would have time for several cones before we left.

The house is beautifully landscaped and well appointed. Our rooms were clean, well stocked and nicely decorated--a lovely balance between luxury and comfort. And the breakfasts were delicious.

Marguerite has operated Fleeton Fields for 12 years and is the consummate B&B proprietor. If we ever have occasion to overnight in Northern Neck again, this is where we will seek shelter.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Estrogena
mslaughter, Owner at Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Carol, Chris, Randolph, and Dean - and not to forget Allie. Thank you for coming, and being so great. You guys are exactly why I really enjoy running this business. Your left a empty space , isn't it funny how people touch your, even briefly? It was great to share a moment in your family's life, thank you. Marguerite

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay at Fleeton Fields. We had the garden suite which is spacious and comfortable. The furnishings are perfect for the period the owner is trying to reflect. Marguerite is a charming and generous hostess. Her breakfast was first class. She is quite knowledgeable of the area and directed us to Christ Church for an easy outing from Reedville - a must if you go there. If you enjoy b+b with charming hostesses this is a must for your to do list.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
mslaughter, Owner at Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Hi, I realized over a year later that I had not responded to this review. Thank you for the lovely compliments. I have always tried to improve anything guests tell me they would like, I'm not sure location could be one:) Reedville has such a neat history, I enjoy living here. I hope you will return some day. Marguerite

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I just returned from four relaxing days in Reedville at Fleeton Fields. I would rate this as one of the best Bed & Breakfasts we have visited. Our hostesses, Marguerite and her beautiful dog Prada, were delighful. (We had our miniature dachshund with us and the two dogs entertained one another very nicely.) The breakfasts were delicious with a new menu artfully presented each morning. The colonial decor was attractive and tasteful, with lovely antique furnishings and rugs throughout the home. We were totally pleased with our "Tidal Pond" suite: a roomy bedroom with a very comfortable bed, fluffy bathrobes, a dish of chocolates, and an arrangement of fresh flowers; a separate sitting room with sofa, chair, small desk, TV and small refrigerator; and a private bathroom which was across the hall but never an inconvenience.
Each evening we were offered wine and snacks which we could take down to the water's edge to sit in lawnchairs in the shade or join other guests and/or our hostess in the cozy den.
Marguerite was always cheerful and ready to assist in any way, providing interesting historical information about the local area, nearby restaurants, activities, and directions.
We will definitely look forward to another trip to Fleeton Fields in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie H
mslaughter, Owner at Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Garland and Leslie, you guys were so great. Thank you for being here, and making the stay so much fun for other guests who had never experienced a B&B before. You were both genuinely full of life, which makes your ministry so special, I know that a team needs two halfs to work in a parish. Please come back anytime soon. Thank you so much for this review. Marguerite