“Family History At It's Best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ma Margaret's House B&B

Ma Margaret's House B&B
Ranked #1 of 5 Reedville B&B and Inns
Maryland, United States
“Family History At It's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay for a first anniversary! My husband surprised me with this weekend getaway and Ma Margaret's sisters made it extra special. The Jackson Room proved to be a relaxing retreat with comfy bedding and seating. They even filled an ice bucket for us so we had cold wine waiting upon our return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Monica S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Harrisburg, N.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Ma Margaret's while celebrating our 35th anniversary in June of 2012. The staff was wonderful and all the accomadations were excellent. There are many sites to see within a short driving distance, and the time spent in Ma Margaret's was very relaxing. Breakfasts were super , some of the best bacon and eggs we had ever tasted. We highly reccomend your stay at Ma Margaret's. While there, be sure and take the cruise over to Tangier Island. It's a great little visit for a day. Enjoy the Cheseapeake Bay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master Suite. I highly reccomend it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve C
Rungsted, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Newly renovated B&B with everything you need. The breakfast and staff were exceptional.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cmsdk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

Ma Margaret's House, you are the best among B&Bs in my book. The privacy, room amenities, and overall warmth were delightful and a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. I especially appreciated the historical perspective as this B&B represents much more than just a vacation destination. Congratulations to Ma Margaret's for setting the bar high. I cannot wait to visit again.
My stay was so enjoyable and to share it with my family, as we celebrated my sister's birthday, with my best cousins in the world was the best treat ever. Moreover, to share that enjoyment at the Ma Margate's House was even better. We visited a few areas for shopping and enjoyed local wine tasting at a local winery...it was awesome!! Thank you so much for making our stay so remarkable!

Room Tip: The largest suite has a seating area, which is nice if you like to relax outside the bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank noticeme
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

My wife and I took a trip to the Northern Neck for bicycling and kayaking. This B&B lives up to the reviews we read. Clean and comfortable room. Great porches. Great breakfast. Nice price. Modern amenities with a classic feel. We enjoyed the junior suite because it gave us comfortable seating in our room. The area was perfect for our bikes and kayaks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DaveDeb76
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

This was my first time staying in a bed and breakfast. If they are all like Ma Margaret's, I will make bed and breakfasts part of all my travel plans. The innkeepers took care of me of from the time I arrived until the time I departed--very important for a single traveler. Both days I was served a big country breakfast. The inn was very clean, the beds were comfortable--just like home. The innkeepers made suggestions about things to explore, places to eat and checked each day to see how I emjoyed the day's events. There were ample shops to explore.

Room Tip: All the rooms are reasonably priced!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank dreambig414
North Springfield, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

I took advantage of early spring weather to take a weekend trip to the Northern Neck. I had my eye on this B&B, based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor. I wasn't disappointed!

The inn is located off the highway in a very quiet area...just the location if you're trying to get away from the noise of the city. The rooms are very well appointed...everything I needed was at hand.

The hospitality was great, as was the breakfast in the morning.

I stayed in the Ma Margaret's Junior Suite, which was perfect for one, and would have been great for two.

I'm looking forward to returning, once the ferries to the islands are up and running for the season.

I highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Jeff W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedville
Island Inn and Suites
Island Inn and Suites
#1 of 1 in Piney Point
Holiday Inn Express Kilmarnock
The Gables
The Gables
#3 of 5 in Reedville

Been to Ma Margaret's House B&B? Share your experiences!