“Excellent service, average food” 3 of 5 stars

Rocas
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Radford
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Panama City, Florida
“Excellent service, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We went here for lunch and ordered from the lunch menu. The chips and salsa were good. I had both beef and chicken and enjoyed the chicken more. The food was a little bland to me and the presentation was not that great. The staff were friendly and prompt in their service. If I were local I would probably not frequent this location. Prices were average in my experience. The building looks new and was very clean.

• Visited June 2014

Roanoke, Virginia
“2nd visit to rocas...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

stopped in on a Saturday night, it wasn't too busy and was greeted and seated promptly. the first thing I noticed were a few employees sitting down at a table just staring at us as we were being walked to our table. the chips and salsa came quickly, our waiter came quickly as well(he was one of the ones sitting down as we came in who was also staring at us). he was friendly, took our drink order and brought our food rather quickly. between every visit to our table he would go back to a table and sit with other co-workers. I don't think this looks very professional at all to have paid employees sitting down every chance they get. the food portion looked smaller than what was pictured but I did not complain. the food was good and the prices are reasonable but I do think management needs to address the sitting down at tables while on the clock and staring at customers.

Sarasota, Florida
“Better than Average Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife and I had dinner there on Cinco de Mayo. Visit based on reviews as we were driving through Radford on our way north. Place was very busy as expected but service was quick and efficient, although server brought amber instead of lager Dos as requested. Correcton made without charge. Food was very good especially the chiles rellenos. Burrito was OK. If I lived in the area, I would definitely return.

1 Thank TomWilliams22
Dublin, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not going back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I am a local in town and wanted to try the new place. Service was good but the food was not. It did not have much taste at all. I will not be going back. There are better Mexican restaurants around so pass it up. El Rancheos in Dublin is the best one in this area that I have found.

• 2 of 5 stars
Radford, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It will made me sick.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Like everyone else, I wanted to try out the new restaurant in town. Little did I know that it was a big mistake. Our waiter was not the most attentive and it probably took us a good twenty minutes to even pay and be able to leave. To top it all of the food made me sick. My stomach was bothering me later that night and I was throwing up the next day. I don't plan to return.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Been to Rocas? Share your experiences!