“A +++ Great Italian Restaurant!”

Sal's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Radford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been eating at Sal's for years (usually about twice per month). The food is always excellent - I have never been disappointed! Best pizza in town but pasta dishes are wonderful too (love the marinara and Parmesan entrees)! Great atmosphere and very friendly staff. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for Italian cuisine!

1  Thank Renee G

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Seriously, I enjoy this location's food better than their location in Blacksburg, VA. I've had such wonderful-tasting chicken dinners and bread. The service is always pleasant and accommodating.

We've had the pizza from there as well and it's delicious!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Moved to the area recently and have been experiencing restaurants in and around Radford and Christiansburg area . I have to say thAt this restaurant is excellent and by far the best Italian food we have since we moved here. We frequent Sal's a couple times a month and are never disappointed. They have the best pizza in town!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is our "to-go-to" restaurant to take friends and visitors. The service and food are consistent and very good. Especially love the soups and huge salads. The only issue is that it has become so popular that it is sometimes difficult to get a seat much past 6 pm on the weekends.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Sal’s is kind of out the way in the sense that if you don’t know about it and never travel beyond the bridge, you won’t know it exists. Sal’s resides in a shopping center that doesn’t seem too well kept but do not let the outside fool you. You will find some of the most authentic Italian food you will ever eat.

I attended Radford University from 2004-2007 and never once ate at Sal's until this past weekend for the first time. This past weekend was Alumni Weekend at Radford and I went up just for a day trip on Saturday. Before going, I looked at restaurants in the area (to see if any had changed since the last time I had been in the area) and Sal's was ranked #1 on the list. After reading about it, I remember hearing about the place but never going there (and I apologize).

Our meal was sort of a mix between a late lunch and early dinner. There was hardly anyone else in the restaurant. The waitress was very friendly and kind with the garlic knots. We decided to get a pizza with half of it being Paisano and the other half being the Rustica. Two different pizzas in one! After consuming all the garlic knots, we asked the waitress for more and she happily obliged. When she brought the pizza out we knew we would only be eating about slice each because of all the garlic knots we just had. The pizza was truly delicious and such a pizza is hard to come by nowadays. We took the rest home with us and savored it the next day.