“1 of 3 choices” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Radford
Cleveland, Tennessee
“1 of 3 choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

If you plan on staying in Radford, VA there are only 3 hotels to choose from. We had our dog with us so we choose this one. It was pet friendly. We had a ground floor. I was never in a hotel where the hallways were tiled instead of carpeted. They had runners to keep luggage wheel noise down. It is not located right off I81 but not too far. This was an average hotel. Beds were full size. I didn't sleep well here. There was a big gap on top the door as well as the bottom so there was light coming in. This hotel does not provide free breakfast but has a restaurant inside. We did not eat there though. It was affordable.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
greenville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The accommodations were excellent for the price and is pet friendly, which is very important to me. The room and bed were very clean, another important factor. The motel is in close proximity to Interstate 81. The staff were accommodating for check-in and check-out.
I will definitely stay here again if I am traveling thru the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Alexandria, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

On the way to DC I spent a night in Radford. The rooms meet the standards you'd expect with La Quinta but the walls are paper thin. I am typing this review while listening the couple in the room next to me talk with their tv channel choice as the background.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This La Quinta was not the highlight of the trip. Staff are nice but busy multi-tasking. I would prefer a pool to a restaurant but I realize that I am not in the majority. This was a little difficult to find but I am a paper map user rather than a GPSer. We often stay at the La Quintas so perhaps I am becoming a little jaded about the breakfasts. Coffee is drinkable but the rest of the food is fairly plastic and loaded with high fructose corn syrup. Fruit is offered to be fair and I can digest that. The sheet on my bed had some hair (not mine on it) and weird little tuffs. I was too tired to complain about it. A room for two needs two shampoos. We were debating if we saved money by coming to this La Quinta or should have stayed at a nearby more expensive one.

Room Tip: The rooms are a little smaller and sound carries more at this hotel than the others in the chain.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Old Hickory, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have stayed at LaQuinta a number of times. We do have a favorite room. It is very convenient to the University. The rooms are clean and the staff are helpful. We have one objection. The breakfast choices are minimal. I usually have raisin bran and they changed to a generic brand which was not acceptable. They do not have skim milk. Other cereals were sugary children type. They have changed the coffee to a machine instant coffee. The coffee in the room is better and that is not saying much. I do expect fresh coffee.

Room Tip: If you don't want to climb stairs, ask for a 1st floor room. There is no elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynne F
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

So many hotels in the Christiansburg/Radford area get terrible reviews for cleanliness. This hotel was very clean. Our room had a microwave, frig, wireless internet, kingsize bed, was spaciious. The staff was great. Breakfast was good - fruit, juice, hot drinks, eggs, and a variety of pastries and things. We were very happy with La Quinta and would not hesitate to stay again. Enjoy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Radford
BEST WESTERN Radford Inn
Hampton Inn Dublin
Hampton Inn Dublin
#1 of 5 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 stars 263 reviews

Been to La Quinta Inn Radford? Share your experiences!