La Quinta Inn Radford
$74
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
$55
Sleep Inn & Suites(Dublin)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Christiansburg)(Great Value!)
$69
Hampton.com
$104
Quality Inn(Dublin)
$59
All reviewsradford universityroom was cleanfirst floorcollege townpet friendly hotelnice place to stayallow petsbagelsneeded a place to stayoff the highwaywould stay here againfront desk staffking suitewe've stayedsanfordlqru
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Say no to the Bistro in Radford: we went to the Bistro Bar and Grill at the La Quinta in Radford, Virginia during a crosscountry trip this past summer. It was convenient, just down the hallway, the first La Quinta I've seen with an eatery. But the convenience was offset by the lack of value. They charged us $64.09 for 2 chicken fettucines, one lasagna, and one takeout chicken sandwich with thin slices of cheesecake for dessert. The meals were tiny. They had no accompaniments except for almost invisible salads, dry bread, and small glasses of iced tea and Coke. We were still hungry at the end of the meal, nor was anything that tasty. We certainly wouldn't eat here again. Unfortunately no stand alone restaurant is next to the motel, which is probably why we shouldn't have stayed here to begin with. The Mexican grill at the Best Western across the street is probably the same sort of set up as the Bistro.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2012

After traveling for 10 hrs, we had arrived early and was unsure if a room would be ready.
I was greeted by two of the nicest and accommodating young ladies telling me, that our room was ready.
I usually ask to to see the room prior to checking in and was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and comfort of our room.
After waking from a great night of sleep, I went to the breakfast area to get a cup of coffee.
It was the best coffee that I've had in a Motel!
Thanks for the Sausage Gravy recipe!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed December 11, 2012

La Quinta is your basic middle of the road hotel experience. The value LQ provides is great for the price point.

The Radford LQ is conveniently located, with quick access to many different points of interest. The lobby is well decorated and inviting. The staff polite and very accomodating. Rooms do have a fridge and we were allowed to use the microwave in the breakfast area.

The downsides of this location are the beautiful tile hallway floors and shower walls and floor. They truly are beautiful and add to a nice ambiance. However, in the hallway they provide no sound proofing from the basic movements and conversations of other guests, and they reflect additionally light from the hallway into the room at night. The idea of a tiled shower area is a nice one. That said, it creates for a slippery floor and the optimal environment for mold growth if the grout isn't properly and regularly sealed (yep I saw a small amount of mold). From simply a personal preference point of view, I do prefer the option of a bath tub as well which this LQ doesn't have.

All of that said, I will be staying at this same location again in the near future with ear plugs packed :-). I have no hesitation to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2012

No complaints here. The room was nice and clean, quiet and I had the fitness room to myself. The fitness room had a portable air conditioner which I really liked to keep the air circulating and just as cool as I wanted. Breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Though tile hallways may be good for travelers with pets, they make the hotel noisy. And the room walls are thin so we could hear the guests on either side of our room. The room and bathroom were fairly clean but tired and worn looking. The breakfast buffet was marginal at best and was never restocked during the two hours I was in the room waiting for the rest of the family to wake up. Not likely that we will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family