“La Quinta Earns Its Reputation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Radford

La Quinta Inn Radford
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Radford
New Hampshire
“La Quinta Earns Its Reputation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

While I am a member of several "frequent stayer" plans and accumulate a modest number of points, whenever planning a road trip, my first web search is La Quinta's to see if they have a property on my route. The second is to check Trip Advisor to see what folks really think of the place. Radford is the perfect number of miles between stops for me on my journey south each spring and fall and this La Quinta is very, very nice. It is all of these things: reasonably priced, clean, well run, well maintained, well staffed, pet friendly, has very comfortable beds, has free wi fi, and last, but certainly not least, has an eating and drinking establishment on site. There is nothing better than driving all day long and not having to drive at the end of the day, just to dine. The Bistro is small, but well equipped and comfortable, service is very good, the food is okay (with a little effort, it could be very good) and it was nice to be able to relax with a glass of wine with my dinner. I will definitely return next trip.

Room Tip: There are a number of restaurants within an easy drive from the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Radford, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

My first stay at La Quinta will certainly not be my last if all La Quintas give the top rate service of the La Quinta Inn @ Radford Virginia. Called and booked room direct.Excellent Service, Friendly Staff, Clean hotel inside and out, beds very comfortable, and all at an affordable price. The staff at La Quinta got us off to a pleasant visit to the town of Radford Virginia.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Good place to stay if going to VT football game....only 15 minutes from VT and decent rate.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This was our first stay at this location. We've had friends staying here throughout the football season so decided to join in with them. My husband and I had heard a lot about "Hope" and finally got to meet this sweet, sweet girl. She's a joy! Being from the North you rarely meet such a genuine young lady. The room was very clean and everything was nice. We've traveled a lot throughout the years, and having a desk clerk like Hope is a huge bonus. From now on we'll be staying at La Quinta!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Victoria H
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Quite University Town.
After three room changes with a VERY Patient Staff We got what we were looking for (Not easy on line to book a room with 30 charaters or less)
Manager and Staff asked if they could assit in bringing in luggage. Any additional request were met with ease. The bathroom,shower area was very good size.Room coffee nice tasteful.
Bistro and bar on site.Prices are very resonable for food and drinks....
As for pet walking area around site is done in bark chips so no dogie messes to deal with.No extra charge for pets.Room rates are very good.
Can reach multi back roads to view this part of VA & easy access to WVA.

Room Tip: Book a room with fridge microwave . No Elevator Have pets stayed near exit door ,first floor Very...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lowell1969
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We were traveling to South Carolina - a long ride from NJ, so we stayed at the LQ overnight. The hotel was very adequate - rooms were spacious, acatually a bedroom and sitting room, everything was very clean - a priority with me. This morning when I was getting breakfast - simple coffee, pastries, cereal, etc. essentially a continental breakfast, I met the assistant manager, Troy. He was very friendly and concerned that everything was up to standards. I assured him it was and esp. nice, the hotel is pet friendly.
There is a small rest./bar - so nice you don't have to leave the property. We got takeout dinner, that was surprisingly very tasty. Menu is simple - hot sandwhiches, pasta and pizza, but really good and inexpensive!

Room Tip: We had rioom 121 - right near back door - great for taking the dog out, bedroom and sitting room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We booked a room through Expedia for this hotel while in Blacksburg for a football game. After a long day, we were hot, sweaty, hungry, and ready to check-in our hotel to shower and go out to eat. When we got to the hotel we discovered that they were booked solid and never received our reservation from Expedia. I provided the appropriate documentation to prove that we did book and pay for our room. Troy, the Assistant General Manager was very helpful, and Nino, the General Manager, was out of town and even spoke to me on the phone to try and work with us. I have worked in the hospitality business before, so I knew even by showing proof we booked our room that they would walk us, which was fine. They worked with Expedia to get our refund and called the Comfort Inn to book us a room for the evening, which I didn't think anyone would have a room since it was last minute on game weekend. Nino also called and left a voicemail to follow-up with me after he received confirmation that Expedia refunded our money and to make sure we were happy with everything. I have worked in Hospitality for many years and appreciate Nino & Troy going above and beyond to help my husband and I.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Radford
BEST WESTERN Radford Inn
Hampton Inn Dublin
Hampton Inn Dublin
#1 of 5 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 stars 263 reviews

Been to La Quinta Inn Radford? Share your experiences!