All reviews delicious breakfast romantic setting hill overlooking beautiful room place to stay business trip wonderful food three nights cup of coffee mark buddy marc relaxation heads dog tub interstate
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We traveled here from Indiana because our youngest niece was married here on the 22nd. The rehearsal and wedding were both held here so my husband and I and other family members had the pleasure of staying at the Inn for two nights during the festivities. Nesselrod is fabulous! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous; the flowers and greenery are breathtaking and the grounds are meticulously kept. The wedding was held outside in the gazebo and it was fabulous. It's a beautiful place to hold a wedding and the area used for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception was just perfect.

The Bed & Breakfast is so warm and cozy inside; all the bedrooms were unbelievable. The shower in our room was much nicer than we even have in our own home...a fabulous shower!! The touches I appreciated the most were the small things such as a container of cotton balls and Q-tips in the bathroom, a towel warmer (wish I had one of them), fresh flowers all over and the heavenly tempurpedic bed!! What a pleasure to lie down on it for a good night's sleep after a hectic day. I am very particular about what pillows I sleep on (usually take my own pillows everywhere) and these were just right. There was absolutely nothing to complain about as it was clean, fresh and neat and everything there that you could possibly want - even the hair dryer was provided.

The food was magnificent; one morning, breakfast was served at the bay window, round table. Juice, water and coffee was set out where we could get it as we pleased. The food was brought in and served and the pampering was wonderful. The next morning, we were served in the main dining room and all the food was placed on the table so that we could serve ourselves and again, the food was excellent. Rebecca is a fantastic cook. In fact, you couldn't have asked for nicer people to run the place than her and Mark. My husband and I were so impressed with the work that they put into the place and the kind service that we received while there. You positively will not go wrong in booking a room there if you're ever through this area. It is A-one and a beautiful place to hold an event or just to have some quiet time. Get on the internet and look it up; I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2010

This was my second stay at Nesselrod. We were in Radford for graduation. Mark and Rebecca were gracious hosts and in fact Mark allowed us to use the back patio and grill for a cook out following graduation. Beautiful rooms and great hospitality in a one of kind setting.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Had a girls weekend get away and Nesselrod made it exactly that. It was a wonderful time spent with friends, a beautiful B&B inside and outside made for R&R with wonderful service that added to the experience. Thank You : )

Strongly recommended to any couple wanting a romantic experience or that girls/guys weekend retreat for some R&R and fun.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2010

From the moment we stepped out of the car, the new owner of this historic B & B made us feel completely at ease and at home.
We were so happy to know that an enthusiastic person rescued the premises from development. The owner is dedicated to provide the best in service and ambience.
There are wonderful improvements and subtle, but important modernizations. Great internet service and new, flat screen TV's. The rooms are lovely, as always, decorated beautifully with antiques. We were here to visit our daughter, a student at RU. The location is perfect. Close to all campus activities, yet secluded in peaceful surroundings overlooking the New River. Our meals were delicious!
We think anyone would be very pleased after a stay here.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I was in town for one night for a job interview at a nearby location. My wife joined me for the trip when we found the listing for Nesselrod B&B on the internet. We were the only guests that night. The bedroom was beautifully decorated. The living room had a wonderfully, deep-cushioned, cozy sofa with a warm fireplace and a large flat screen TV mounted above the mantle piece. The entire lay out inside and out was decorated with lots of old world antiques and themes balanced perfectly with modern-day amenities and state-of-the-art luxury. Would love to visit again during the summer or autumn months and would definitely recommend the B&B to anyone interested in an unforgettable, pampered experience. The proprietor and staff were very nice, devoted and dedicated to serving the needs and comforts of their guests!

Date of stay: March 2010