“Romantic Weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Radford
Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Radford B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed in the Oriental Lily room, and although it is smaller in size than we expected, we absolutely loved the Tempurpedic mattress. Also enjoyed the sunken bathtub. Breakfast was very good, but the best thing about Nesselrod is the very friendly hospitality shown to us by Mark. It felt like we had made a new friend, even though we only stayed one night!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gary G

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We are just getting ready to check-out of Nesselrod. We had a very relaxing two night stay in the Lily of the Valley Room. The host is very hospitable. The room was lovely...and the chocolate lab mascot was adorable!

The breakfasts were also delicious. The host designed the meals according to our dietary restrictions (I am a vegetarian and eat a gluten-free diet while my husband avoids spicy foods).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EmmiCook
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stay at the Nesselrod when visiting our daughter at college. I could go into great detail about why we continue to stay like the beautiful grounds or the wonderful breakfast. The main reason we stay there is that we are as comfortable there as we are at our own home.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Cbmoore12
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I recently got married at Nesselrod and the whole experience was out of this world! Mark and Brittany helped us create the perfect day. We stayed at the B&B along with a bunch of our wedding party and everyone loved it. Mark cooked us an amazing breakfast and even went out and bought me turkey bacon, because I don't eat regular bacon. He opens the house up to all the guests and is just there to help in any way. Brittany was married at Nesselrod so she knows what it's like to go through everything there first hand. She is very creative and really pulled everything together on the day of the wedding. The gardens are all immaculately kept and all of our guests raved about the venue. We had our rehearsal dinner on the patio on Friday night, the wedding in the garden/gazebo area on Saturday, and a "survivor's brunch" for everyone on Sunday on the patio...it was perfect! I highly recommend Nesselrod for an outdoor wedding--it is simply stunning!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Allian V
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I attending a wedding but did not stay overnight at this facility. The outdoor area for wedding is amazing! The outdoor facility for the reception was also very nice. I would suggest anyone looking into this facility if you are considering an outdoor wedding.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kkoons
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter was married in the garden/gazebo area at Nesselrod last weekend. The masses of daisies and other flowers/landscaping helped to create a magical setting. Mark and the staff were amazing and very gracious. Brittany, the wedding director assigned to our wedding there, took care of so many details I would not have thought of. She handled a minor wedding emergency at the last minute that I was not even aware of until after the fact. She is very organized and professional and just an overall very lovely person. Mark and Brittany and other staff quickly answered any questions by phone or email during the planning process . The rooms are elegant , at the same time very home-y. Each one is different. and the breakfasts in the lovely dining room were amazing. . Having the inn to ourselves from Fri-sun felt as if we were having the wedding at home and was a special experience for the bridal party staying there. The patio is a great place for a reception. Nesselrod is the perfect place for a wedding or other events. Mark Gordon, owner, went out of his way to make sure everything was just perfect for the wedding and the guests that attended. I cannot overuse the word "magical" in my description of our experience there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Patty C
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The first time I stayed at Nesselrod was in the Oriental Lily room and we only had a quick nights' stay during business nearby. It was an enchanting acquaintance with a very special place. Recently I returned for three nights and stayed in the Inn - what an amazing experience! Mark is an amazing and superlatively gracious host - he anticipates needs beyond expectations. An example - after a delicious breakfast of yougurt, granola, and fresh berries, followed by eggs (cooked in butter as he knows I don't do bacon) and asparagus, he asks, on our way out, "would you like coffee to go"? Sigh - it just doesn't get any better!

What makes it so special is the beauty of the host and place. Nesselrod is perfect - whether it is to celebrate your special event, or as you engage in work, Nesselrod makes you a better person for those days. Thank you Mark, Buddy and all of those loved ones who do things out of their hearts so perfectly!

Room Tip: Oriental Lily has an outside entrance but privacy abounds even in the main house.