Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast
$79
Travelocity
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

$68
$55
$55
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Sleep Inn & Suites(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$72
SleepInn
Comfort Inn & Suites(Christiansburg)(Great Value!)
$67
$63
$60
$119
$104
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvalley roomdelicious breakfastthomas roomromantic settinghill overlookinggrounds are beautifulgracious hostssoaking tubriver valleyplace to staybike ridespecial eventswealth of informationbeautiful roombusiness tripwonderful foodthree nights
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My son and I spent a couple nights at Nesselrod while exploring Southwestern Virginia on a cross-country road-trip. It was a trip highlight. Mark and Rebecca provided us wonderful and very personal hospitality. Our room was very comfortable, and breakfast both mornings was very delicious and everything was homemade. And the property is conducive to relaxation and enjoyment. It's right on the river, and it has been beautifully landscaped. My son played his guitar down in their amphitheatre, and I took a yoga class. And from there, we explored "the crooked road" area of Virginia. Highly recommended. Would be great for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My husband and I were the first wedding under the new ownership of Mark Gordon. Hands down, the best experience we could have ever had. My entire family stayed at the B&B for the wedding weekend, and we were truly encouraged to make the home--including all the grounds--our own. We had both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding there, and were encouraged to have as many friends/family staying elsewhere stop by throughout the weekend. Their affiliated caterer, Blue Ridge Catering out of Roanoke, offered the most unique and fabulous cuisine for our wedding. We are all a bunch of "food snobs", and couldn't have been more impressed with the fare - a "Blue Ridge tandoori station", grilled pork with amazing mashed sweet potatoes, gorgeous appetizers and signature drinks - and more than enough food to satisfy the hungriest guest. Originally from the northeast, the wedding we had here would have cost us 2-3x as much "back home". My exceedingly picky mother was beyond thrilled with every aspect of our stay. The wedding coordinator Tanya worked with us to make sure our event was truly "ours" - not what someone else thought it should be. The house looks like the perfect cape cod style cottage out of New England, coupled with small town hospitality, it was perfect. Mark doesn't miss a single detail, including a beautiful bouquet delivered to our home in honor of our first anniversary. This actually became a bit of a "destination" wedding for our friends from Boston, NY, DC, and Charlotte - my folks would never admit this in front of them, but they thought this wedding was more well-done - with a better location - than my brother's in Newport, RI. To me, that says it all!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We traveled here from Indiana because our youngest niece was married here on the 22nd. The rehearsal and wedding were both held here so my husband and I and other family members had the pleasure of staying at the Inn for two nights during the festivities. Nesselrod is fabulous! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous; the flowers and greenery are breathtaking and the grounds are meticulously kept. The wedding was held outside in the gazebo and it was fabulous. It's a beautiful place to hold a wedding and the area used for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception was just perfect.

The Bed & Breakfast is so warm and cozy inside; all the bedrooms were unbelievable. The shower in our room was much nicer than we even have in our own home...a fabulous shower!! The touches I appreciated the most were the small things such as a container of cotton balls and Q-tips in the bathroom, a towel warmer (wish I had one of them), fresh flowers all over and the heavenly tempurpedic bed!! What a pleasure to lie down on it for a good night's sleep after a hectic day. I am very particular about what pillows I sleep on (usually take my own pillows everywhere) and these were just right. There was absolutely nothing to complain about as it was clean, fresh and neat and everything there that you could possibly want - even the hair dryer was provided.

The food was magnificent; one morning, breakfast was served at the bay window, round table. Juice, water and coffee was set out where we could get it as we pleased. The food was brought in and served and the pampering was wonderful. The next morning, we were served in the main dining room and all the food was placed on the table so that we could serve ourselves and again, the food was excellent. Rebecca is a fantastic cook. In fact, you couldn't have asked for nicer people to run the place than her and Mark. My husband and I were so impressed with the work that they put into the place and the kind service that we received while there. You positively will not go wrong in booking a room there if you're ever through this area. It is A-one and a beautiful place to hold an event or just to have some quiet time. Get on the internet and look it up; I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2010

This was my second stay at Nesselrod. We were in Radford for graduation. Mark and Rebecca were gracious hosts and in fact Mark allowed us to use the back patio and grill for a cook out following graduation. Beautiful rooms and great hospitality in a one of kind setting.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Had a girls weekend get away and Nesselrod made it exactly that. It was a wonderful time spent with friends, a beautiful B&B inside and outside made for R&R with wonderful service that added to the experience. Thank You : )

Strongly recommended to any couple wanting a romantic experience or that girls/guys weekend retreat for some R&R and fun.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends