“Tex-Mex worthy of Texas!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Charro Mexican Grill

El Charro Mexican Grill
Ranked #15 of 55 Restaurants in Radford
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Tex-Mex worthy of Texas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

We live in a Tex-Mex deprived area (northern Virginia) so we make a point to search it out during travels. What a great find! Spinach enchiladas (vegetarian) were yummy. I had expected spinach stuffed in the enchilada, but it was more of a cheese enchilada with fresh seasoned perfectly sautéed spinach on top. It doesn't matter, it was one of the best spinach enchiladas I have had. Daughter's carne asada got a thumbs up and husband enjoyed handmade taquitos. I stole a bite of each. I thought the carne asada was OK, but agreed the taquitos were quite flavorful and would consider on next visit. Refried beans were really good. Margaritas ( rocks with salt) were average, but priced nicely (I believe $5) Chips and salsa standard. Servers seemed to be confused who was serving us and had several ask us for order. It beats no service. Not a perfect experience, but enjoyable and worth the short drive off highway.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Go to Mexico without leaving the NRV!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Greetings! I love to try new places to eat. So when my nephew Jared invited me to go to El Charro Mexican Grill I said sure! I found the place to be filled with music and the smells where just mouthwatering. I have tried many items on the menu. The food is made to order and the folks who own it treat everyone like family. These folks take great pride in preparing and serving food as if you where sitting at their tables at home. The place is an intimate experience which appeals to me. When I take the time and money to go and eat some really great food, I like the fact that I can have a conversation without a lot of background noise. El Charro is worth the time and money if you want a great meal at reasonable prices!!

• Visited April 2014
“Good food, good price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The food is always hot and good, but the salsa can sometimes be spicy. One of my favorite places to eat in Radford! Would recommend to someone looking for Mexican food that isn't expensive.

Radford, Virginia
“My favorite Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is my favorite Mexican Restaurant in the NRV. The service has always been quick, friendly, and attentive when I have been here. The food has always been delicious and they are always willing to substitute and make the customer happy. One time, I forgot my debit card at home when I ordered pick up so I said I would be back. The cashier told me to take my food with me and eat it before coming back so it did not get cold. I told him I did not feel right doing that. Then, I came back with my card and he said I would have let you have that earlier. Then, he gave us a discount on the meal. This was some of the best customer service I have ever had!

• Visited September 2013