“Salsa Bar”
Review of Alejandro's Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Alejandro's Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Offering a "West Coast Style" Mexican Experience with Great Service, Outstanding Food, and Something Different...Home of the Valley's Freshest and Best Salsa Bar!
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Love love love the salsa bar! This is not your ordinary Mexican restaurant. Friendly wait staff and wonderful food. Great for larger groups too.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Ate there at lunch time during a week day while visiting relatives in the area and then again in July. Food isn't that expensive and is flavorful. Wait staff was very friendly and pointed out the little condiment bar for a selection of dips and salsa for the tortilla chips. I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Salsa bar very cool. If you're wanting really good Mexican food, save your money and go to another Mexican restaurant. I recommend it as a place to go for drinks and the salsa bar only.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I found this to be the BEST mexican restaurant I have ever eaten at.........and I have had authentic mexican food many times. Restaurant was clean, service was great , food was delicious, loved the salsa bar. We were traveling northbound on I81, it was 3 miles off of the exit, but very worth the few miles out of the way.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Disclaimer: I grew up in Southern California, where you trip over good, cheap Mexican food. I don't hold East Coast restaurants to that same standard, but I do know what's what.

The food here is mediocre. And that's all. Chips were brought to the table with no salsa, until I remembered reading the reviews about the famed "Salsa Bar" with twelve kinds of salsa. So we sauntered over to help ourselves. You can help yourself--to a cup of salsa the size of a cup you would get at Costco for a sample of something, in other words, miniscule. So miniscule, that chips could not scoop salsa out of that tiny container, chips broke, and four or five trips were needed.

Then came the food. I had a chili relleno and a taco with shredded meat. The chili in the relleno was not cooked enough--it was al dente. The batter was limp and soggy. The taco was two things--shell and meat. No tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, avocado, cheese, nothing. If I got a sandwich of bread and ham I would be about as disappointed. Heck, even Taco Bell puts more stuff on a taco.

The beans and rice were the biggest disappointment. I love beans and rice, and rarely do not finish them all. This was by far the worst rice I ever had. Flavorless, crumbly, and seemingly without much seasoning. The beans matched them perfectly. Heavy, pasty and again, without seasoning. I left most of it on my plate.

It is fairly inexpensive, but then the quality isn't that great.

I wouldn't go back unless fast food was my only alternative.