“Good food and beer”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My spouse and I ate at this restaurant twice recently when passing through the area. We had sandwiches and beer both times, and we were very pleased with the quality of the food and beer and the service. Decent beer selection with some craft brews on tap. I liked the veggie melt sandwich so much that I had to order it both times. My husband was happy with his sandwich also. A large side of fries is included, or you may choose from a few other things. Not a fancy place, but great food done well. Especially liked the Devils Backbone Lager.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

WONDERFUL AND CHILDREN FRIENDLY RESTAURANT. FOOD HAS BEEN FANTASTIC EVERYTIME THAT I HAVE EATEN THERE. The variety of food and the live music is a plus. I love looking at the artwork. The crab cakes are delicious. I love the country fries,too.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Chris and Heather Bell have old family recipes that they share in many of the items at the RIver City Grill on 3rd Street in Radford and what mouthwatering treats they are. The Crab Cake Sandwich along with a baked potato and cole slaw are some of my favorites. But, my weakness is the She Crab Soup for which a bowl of cannot be found lacking in anything at any seaside eatery...I should know because I've eaten it in lots of places from Maryland's Eastern Shore to the South's Savannah, Charleston and more...and in my palette's choices this is THE BIG ONE.
So, head on down to Radford on Fridays and enjoy a taste to remember...and enjoy.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This place is about as close as you'll get to a home-style meal in this day and age. The breakfast is their strong suit. Simple setting, decent and reliable food at moderate prices. If you're in Radford in need of a meal this is a solid choice.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stopped at the River City Grill for lunch - busy, but really good service, food was a cut above average diner. Good value, tasty, fun. Recommended.