“beautiful winery!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hillsborough Vineyards

Hillsborough Vineyards
More attraction details
Owner description: Hillsborough Vineyards is a small boutique winery nestled in the scenic hillside outside of Washington, D.C.
Richmond, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“beautiful winery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a coupon for a free tasting, but it would definitely be worth the fee! It was very quiet when we were there, and the staff was very attentive. There is plenty of room to enjoy a glass or bottle of wine and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Visited August 2012

Shannondale
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful views and comfortable setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Enjoying a glass of wine on the Hillsborough Vineyards patio is quite a treat! My family took me there for their Mother's Day Brunch and we all enjoyed the food, wine and the view. I would return for a similar event or just to relax and have some wine on the patio.

Visited May 2012
Berryville,
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great vineyard!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We went here on a wine tour with my whole family and they were so very accomodating. The Rose was my favorite wine that we tasted that day and the staff was so friendly and made sure we had a great time.

Visited July 2012
Leesburg, Va
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The beautiful Blue Ridge viewed through wine colored glasses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I must've passed the Hillsborough vineyards dozens of times coming & going along Route 9 until I finally made the visit if just to see the view from their higher ground and then sample the wines that this hillside vineyard produces . Suffice it to say that I've been returning ever since.

This was originally a hillside farm built in the 1820's. The Baki family bought it in 2002 , planted all of the choice vines where there were none before, made the original stone , post & beam main farm structure into the tasting room , and never looked back. I have since had the welcome experience of having my palette further educated on what Virginia soil & grape can do together when nurtured by someone who knows what they are doing thanks to one of the son's periodic barrel tasting lectures that are as delightfully gregarious as they are knowledgeable. He explains how the combinations of choices of different blends of grapes work with each year's weather, with choice of wood for casks , what grapes work best with which soil , and and all of the other finer points & influences that become the alchemy of the wine experience with son , Kerem , as alchemist in residence.

But this is all prelude & preparation for the experience of place as the Hillsborough Vineyards experience is as much about its uniquely wonderful location and the views of the Blue Ridge Mts to be shared over visitors' selections of the variations of flavors that Hillsborough vineyards offers as it is about the wine. Like the Eiffel Tower was designed to view Paris the Hillsborough Vineyards , and the wines it continues to ever-refine , appear to be designed to be all the better to take in this wonderful sense of place that I've often passionately referred to as the backyard I *wish* I had . Then again one does have it for the asking and make their own for the moment thanks to this family's creative efforts . It is there to be shared whenever one takes the time to simply take advantage of what is offered.

It's one of my favorite places to meet with friends if just to get away from everything for a while per chance to just to take in all of the Nature , including the wines , just waiting for enough of your attention to allow it to work its welcome alchemy on you. Weddings & other private gatherings must be made all the more special because of what it has to offer. Can't recommend this vineyard as a get-away enough.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Taliesn
Leesburg, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Beautiful and serene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Amazing views. In our top three favorite vineyards in Loudoun, especially for their rich red wines. We just like to go, buy a bottle with some cheese/crackers, and sit out on the terrace.

Visited March 2012