“Meh - average at best”
Review of IJ Canns - CLOSED

IJ Canns
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Unfortunately, Purcellville didn't need another restaurant that was average. I had lunch with my co-worker this week there & wasn't impressed. Prices were fine for lunch specials. I had the chicken salad sandwich (no frills- chicken salad, celery & mayo) with coleslaw. My co-worker had the French Dip sandwich (bland, needed salt & pepper & many other condiments to make it more flavorful). We split the Caprese salad, which was good. Our waiter was bordering annoying with how many times he came by & asked if we were ok, did we need anything else, etc... We were trying to conduct business & would lose our train of thought with his frequent stop-bys. I wasn't impressed, I really cannot recommend & I most likely won't go back.

1  Thank BethAnnP

Reviewed September 12, 2013

our server was very sweet & treated us very well. i loved the ravioli...the appetizer bread was also very tasty. the only thing i didn't like was that the design of the building kind of makes things echo.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Like many others, we were hoping that IJ Canns would turn out to be a cheaper alternative to Magnolias. No, no and no. The food was actually not bad, but it was way overpriced. What I didn't like the most was the atmosphere. It was super noisy and we could hear I think every conversation at every table. The food didn't match the surroundings. I felt like I was in a diner or in a train station. On the other hand the patio area was attractive. Still, it can't be compared to Magnolias. And, almost forgot, the hostess looked super unfriendly.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We've been waiting for months for IJCanns to open and give Magnolia's a run for their money. After my first dinner there tonight, believe me,THAT's NOT going to be happening. My $29 Filet Mignon that was supposed to be medium well arrived 'jiggley uncuttable raw' and was sent back. I recieved it back again after the other three members of our party were finished. It was still 'jiggley uncuttable raw'. The grill was obviously not hot enough to sear the outside fast. I decided I needed a Bushmill's Irish Coffee to smooth over the lack of dinner (haven't had one in years). It arrived looking like a warn glass of cold hot chocolate. By this time I was feeling guilty sending evertying back. They brought back the Bushmills Irish Coffee back, this time with creme de menth all over it. YUK! Love Irish Coffee; DESPISE Creme de Menthe. The waitress took pity on me and started over.The final Irish Coffe was delicious. Too little; too late. Kobe's in Leesburg has THE BEST FILET that can be cut with a fork; Blue Ridge Grill in Leesburg ditto. As does Grandales. You only get once chance with me to make a good impresion. Kobe's and Blue Ridge Grill did. One want's to expand their horizons; next time we will stay with the tried and true. I'm sorry it didn't work out; would have loved to have another good restaurant in Purcellivelle. The food is also somewhat over-priced for what you receive.

2  Thank EVBarbee
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The restaurant has a charming atmosphere. It's a wood barn with high ceilings and warm decor. They also have an outside patio overlooking a fountain. The location is interesting enough for us to want to go back again. However, our dinner was just OK. We had the walnut encrusted chicken, which was good and the pasta primavera, which was terrible. Unseasoned, uninspired and frankly should either be revamped or taken off the menu because it's not going to make any fans as is.

2  Thank MonaLisa1506