“German grapes thriving in VA”

Goose Creek Farm and Winery - Otium Cellars
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Enjoyed comparing some of the european gown varietals with the same now growing in VA. Wood stove and chalet style tasting rooms were cozy and fun.

There are newer reviews for Goose Creek Farm and Winery - Otium Cellars

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The wines are German influenced, which is a little different from other area wineries. The tasting space is attractive but loud with only a few guests. The setting is very pretty.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I enjoyed the wine and the tasting. We started by trying three whites, all the same grape/type. At first I was confused, same wine different years, this should be boring. Boy was I wrong, every year was very different, very enjoyable, and it really shows how much Mother Nature and skill plays into the making of the wine. They repeated this same concept with the reds and again, surprisingly different. We will visit again, very enjoyable experience, felt like I learned something.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family and I were referred to this winery by another one close by. When we arrived we thought they area was beautiful. It is a pet friendly winery which we like as we love pets. The wine was good and we were able to fine several that we liked. The staff was very friendly and we noticed that you were able to sit at tables and taste as well at stand at the bar. The only problem we had was that there seemed to be one sweet young girl waiting on tables as well as the bar and at times she seemed overwhelmed. She was always happy and friendly to us but it took a little longer than usual and she was exhausted. After we were almost done several other workers came from the back and started to help her and it seemed to make the experience for other coming in a lot better. I would recommend going to this winery as they did have several wines worth trying. They were however, a little highter priced than some in the area but over all a good find.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I travel to Virginia wine country every year, and have for almost 10 years. This winery has so many things going for it. The wines are delicious and very accessible. This is a place where a novice wine drinker could really learn a lot. Happily, it is also pet-friendly. We were told when we came in that our dogs were welcome to sit in the tasting room with us, if we so chose. My one complaint, which is one that I have with a lot of wineries in Northern Virginia (near Washington, DC) is that the prices were a bit steep for someone just starting their weekend in Virginia. I am someone who appreciates a good bottle of wine, but I do not understand the necessity of high prices, when it leaves out so many consumers. That being said, their wines are well worth it, but, if you're on a budget, you made need to just pick your favorite instead of a few.