WINNER WONDERLAND

“Wonderful Visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 868 Estate Vineyards

868 Estate Vineyards
More attraction details
Owner description: A welcoming vineyard with award-winning wine in the heart of DC's Wine Country. We have plenty of food options on site, including gourmet flatbread pizzas and our Grill serving casual food on weekends May - Oct. 868 Is dog-friendly and child-friendly.
Virginia
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Wonderful Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had a wonderful visit to this winery. The staff was very knowledgable and firendly. They had 3 different tastings to choose from, a basic then one with a truffle pairing and another with a food pairing. Not being a big foodie I chose the truffle pairing. More than worth the extra couple bucks! The wines were all delicious and the truffles excellent. I would recommend a visit to any fellow wino :)

1 Thank AmbersM0mmy

Annapolis, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great Staff and nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The staff really makes this place enjoyable. We were able to sample more wines that weren't even on the tasting menu. I liked the wines that weren't available to the public yet (of course). It's a pretty place and nice building. Though It's pretty but missing the view like other wineries have that I love. Would possibly visit here again because of the great staff!

1 Thank Stefaniefarrah
Reston, Virginia
“Great atmosphere, ok wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

There was plenty of outdoor space to do what ever you wanted there. They had music play on the day that we went and also had a couple of corn hole boards set up. We did the wine tasting and my group wasnt very impressed, but loved the atmosphere.

Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Virginia is for wine lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I live in the Washington D.C. area, but this is the first time traveling to a nearby vineyard in the Northern Virginia countryside. I was surprised to see so many vineyards in a bucolic like setting. I was having a family get together at the 868 Estate Vineyards on the 4th of July weekend. The road leading to the 868 (Harper's Ferry ) took us by many picturesque small to medium sized vineyards. Very nice change from the hectic DC area. Now, this is not Sonoma or Napa County, but it really shows great promise in becoming a competitive counterpart to the west coast wineries. There is a long and narrow unpaved road leading up to the winery. The winery is at top of the hill, hence the name 868 - 868 Ft elevation (the highest point in the area). The setting is very nice with restored buildings dotting the rolling landscape. Our family had lunch at the Grandale Restaurant located right on the premises. It was elegant with white linen table cloths and a sure to please menu. I ordered crab cakes and the dish was artfully presented and very tasty. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The pricing is moderate. I understand that the grapes at this vineyard are still young and not ready for prime time so the wine you may select most probably will come from neighboring wineries. After lunch we went to the open air pavilion to hear some live music which was very good and relaxing. By the way, you can bring a picnic and enjoy the surroundings. They provide picnic tables and some fun lawn games, The grounds are gently rolling dotted with restored buildings including an old mansion, and some farm outbuildings. It is really nice! The winery has tastings available and casual tables where you can relax. My family really enjoyed the whole experience and we are planning to go back. If you are visiting the Washington DC area, 868 Estate Vineyards is about an hour away and is worth the trip.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank globalimages
Solna
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A nice place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

...with good wines. At 868 we could taste different wines with a mix of chocolates and truffles.
Probably some of the best wines in the region. Lee did a great job entertaining us.

Visited April 2013