“It was just what we needed !” 4 of 5 bubbles

Purcellville Family Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Purcellville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Highland, Maryland
“It was just what we needed !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Going to this restaurant is like stepping back into the 50's. Thestaff was helpful and fast. The portions were large and not dietetic. The special were fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy with string beans, grilled cheese with bacon sandwich and bean soup. I had a hamburger (the bun was grilled) and enough french fries for two. The place was packed with a combination of people from ladies "of quiet refinement" to men in camos and plaid flannel. It was fun and inexpensive. That place and the two minute boat ride at White's Ferry made picking up a stray lab for Lab Rescue made the day into an outing !

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank blair h

Purcellville, Virginia
“Old School Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've been to the P-ville Family Restaurant 3 or 4 times since moving nearby. Love the old school breakfast! Prices are really fair. It can get crowded on weekend mornings. Waitresses are old fashioned grizzled veterans – often gruff, but hard-working. I havent tried lunch or dinner yet

Visited December 2012
Lovettsville
“Great Home Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our favorite place to go for a nice, home-cooked meal. Portions are more than generous. The staff is great, my iced tea glass never goes empty. Everything is delicious.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank rjk363
Munich, Germany
“Old style family restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Recognizing that this is an old style Americana family restaurant, you will do well to not look at the amount of food and cruft on the floor, or judge the artwork on the walls. Instead, focus on those things that you know they will likely do well: breakfasts, sandwiches, and desserts. The BLT was exactly as it should have been. Their meringue pies were outstanding. The grilled ham and cheese was perfectly gooey and buttery. The service was perfectly acceptable. Not rude, nor overly familiar. Just right.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kimmers U
Stephens City, Virginia
“Food reminds me of Grandma, staff does NOT!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I went for breakfast on a Saturday morning and I was impressed that they were so busy, I thought that said something about their food/service. We went in, picked a table to sit at, and waited. A grumpy-looking server came up with no smile, said nothing, placed the menus in front of us and kind of tossed the rolled up silverware onto the table, then stormed off. I work in guest services so as she walked off I couldn't help but say out loud, "oh my gosh, what was that?" My husband then asks what I expected... I don't know, maybe a smile or pleasant conversation. After we got our food, no one ever came back and I had to eventually go to the counter without our ticket where the cashier just asked what we got and while ringing me up, began to complain to one of the servers about the customer she had just rang up.
I just wanted a little professionalism and friendliness, I felt that a place like this would value good old-fashioned service... but they did not. The service was so bad that the fact that the food was good doesn't matter, I will not go back!

• Visited April 2012