“Mosby's is Closed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I thought this was a good place to go, but was surprised to find it was closed when I stopped by in May 2014.

1  Thank C M

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Big picture of Johnny Reb General Mosby on wall gives a racist tone to restaurant. Expected to see stars and bars flag. White bread sucks and meat is very fatty. More expensive than it used to be when Boodicades had it. Too many kids and parents. Don't waste your money.

1  Thank ktfeeney
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I met a friend for drinks and stayed for dinner on a Sunday afternoon. I looked at the dining room, but chose a booth in the bar, The dining room looked dated, and peopled by old folks.
The bar was fine but had an odd assortment of what I guess were local characters.
It was too hot to sit outside, but the patio was full of folks in Harley gear.
The lone bartender handled all the people in the bar. She checked on us regularly, made drink and dinner suggestions. The service was outstanding.
We both had salads, slightly customized and they came out exactly right. The chicken Caesar (no anchovies) was ok, the tenderloin with balsamic and blue cheese was very good.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I stopped by this restaurant last weekend for the first time for lunch. Nice looking place. That is the only good thing I can say about it. The service was ok, but the girl was new and new little or nothing about the food.

The food itself was horrible. My wife ordered a Philly steak and cheese. The meat was soured, absolutely awful. She sent it back and ordered a spinach and artichoke dip. The dip was all cream cheese with barely any artichoke. I order a panini reuban. It was ok, but on white toast instead of panini bread.

When it came time to pay the bill, they said the computer was down, so we couldWe not pay by credit card until they got it repaired. They suggested we go to a bank and get cash to pay.

We eat out a lot, so please take my word for this, do yourself a favor and skip this place. Worst meal we have ever had.

2  Thank CowboyJimG
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Mosby's continues to be my favorite restaurant/bar in Pville. Like any restaurant it has its highs and lows (all restaurants do), but overall it is consistant which cannot be said of orther local establishments like Magnolia's. Frank, the owner, is a great chef and when he cooks something from scratch you can bet it'll be good. His homemade soups, meat sauce/meat balls, and chicken cordon bleu are just a few items of what he does well. He does a darned good prime rib on weekends which is reasonably priced, too, as well as a great Sunday brunch. HIs son is learning the ropes and becoming a good cook in his on right. He's energetic and creative. Mosby's also has a lunch special menu with nothing exceeding $6.00; just remember that it's geared for an inexpensive lunch and may not be gourmet. Regardless, it is hot, filling and tasty. Pay no attention to the "nay sayer's" reviews and give Mosby's a chance.